Sialys
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hello,

I am a French student in Top School Centrale Lyon and I want to study supply chain management.
My school only allow me to apply to one university and I have a dilemna between WMG and Cranfield.
They both have a good reputation on this MSc.

2 things are bothering me : quality of courses, student life.
I also know that the number of courses hours in Warwick is low: only 10 weeks and I am quite worried about that.

Can you please give me your advice and if anyone attend theses MSc tell me about your experience.

Thanks.
vishnuprakash111
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi Friend,

I am a Cranfield alumni from 2011-2012 batch of Logistics and supply chain management course.

If you or anybody reading this post have any specific queries about Cranfield or the logistics and supply chain course taught at Cranfield, please contact me i will get back to you as soon as possible.

Take care.

Thanks & Regards
Vishnu Prakash
MissLizz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I also have to decide between Cranfield and Warwick for MSc in Supply Chain Management and Logistics and don't really know where to go.

If anyone is studying this Master at one of these universities or had to make the same decision - please help!
Tcannon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Among most recruiters, Cranfield is considered the better SCM programme in terms of academics, balance of practice/analysis and student satisfaction. For EU students, Cranfield's tuition works out cheaper. The only reason it is less well known is Cranfield's focus on master's and lack of undergrad programme.

Student life is similar as both locations are remote campuses, but shopping in Milton Keynes is good.
tizon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello

I got a place to study logistics and supply chain manageemnt in Cranfield. And now I am thinking the decision of pay the fee or not.
I want to ask you about your personal experience there? it is a good option to study there? it is easy to find a job after finish the master?
what it is the level of of demand of the course?it requires lot of work?
I am thinking to live in the campus? it is a good idea? there are sporadic parties to relax from the course?

Really thanks for answer my questions

(Original post by vishnuprakash111)
Hi Friend,

I am a Cranfield alumni from 2011-2012 batch of Logistics and supply chain management course.

If you or anybody reading this post have any specific queries about Cranfield or the logistics and supply chain course taught at Cranfield, please contact me i will get back to you as soon as possible.

Take care.

Thanks & Regards
Vishnu Prakash
tizon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello

I got a place to study logistics and supply chain manageemnt in Cranfield. And now I am thinking the decision of pay the fee or not.
I want to ask you about your personal experience there? it is a good option to study there? it is easy to find a job after finish the master?
I am thinking to live in the campus? it is a good idea? there are sporadic parties to relax from the course?

(Original post by vishnuprakash111)
Hi Friend,

Take care.

Thanks & Regards
Vishnu Prakash
tizon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hello

StudentR
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey Prakash !

I am choosing between Manchester , WMG and Cranfield.

Warwick has a great overal reputation. But 2.2 requirement seems odd Why it can be that low, considering its reputation. or WMG is not as good as Warwick itself?
Thanks
iklkghn
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hello, Mr Vishnu

I am Aditya Kulkarni from India, have secured place in Cranfield University for the course of Msc in logistics and supply chain managemen 2015-16.

Could you please help me to know about job opportunities after completion of course in UK.

i have 4 years of experience in Manufacturing Supply Chain and hold a Bachelors degree in Engineering.

Thank you !
Droppedby
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Actually I have the same question as studentR. Is WMG as reputable and efficient in terms of academic practice as Warwick itself? Thank you
Duncan2012
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Sialys)
My school only allow me to apply to one university
At masters level you apply direct to the university. I don't know if things are any different in France but I can't see why you can't apply to as many universities as you want?

I did my MSc at Cranfield in 2009-10, but not in SCM. I'm happy to answer any general questions you (or anyone else) has about the place. Good luck!

Oops, just seen OP is from 2012. Still happy to answer any questions though :-)
Tunaski
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
My questions relates to contact hours per week. How many contact hours does a Masters in supply chain student in Cranfield have to put in weekly. I am coming with kids and I imagine dropping them in school and picking them up with take some time. My husband will be away in another country working.
Cranfield University
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Tunaski)
My questions relates to contact hours per week. How many contact hours does a Masters in supply chain student in Cranfield have to put in weekly. I am coming with kids and I imagine dropping them in school and picking them up with take some time. My husband will be away in another country working.
Hi Tunaski,

Firstly, congratulations on coming to Cranfield!

We have a very diverse population of students, many students here have children and other family commitments, and we try hard to enable people to have an enjoyable and constructive time during their studies here. For example we offer family accommodation, we have an on-site nursery and pre-school and our admissions service can help with enrolling children in other local childcare.
You can find out more information on our website:
https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/study/li...nging-a-family
https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/study/li...-and-education

With regards to this fitting in with your studies, the Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc consists of two parts - taught modules and a research project. For the taught modules you will need to be in attendance at set times. Modules last for a week and are usually a traditional 9am - 5pm day. The individual research project is usually a lot more relaxed, and you can generally work around your own schedule. Many students here work evenings and weekends, most facilities are open 24/7 (with card access) and so you can do your work whenever is easiest for you (including working from home).

If you would like more details, please contact the SoM admissions team [email protected].
You can also ask them to put you in touch with the course leader who will be able to offer more personalised advice and assistance.

Kind regards,

Katherine
Student Ambassador
Tunaski
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi Katherine

Thanks for the information.
It would really be helpful if you could send me a timetable or a schedule showing the activities per week for at least semester 1 and 2. I couldn't get this information anywhere on cranfield website.
My intent is not so much of work, it's taking care of my 3 kids (5, 7 and 9) and getting them off to school and back without a help or Nanny. Pls, do understand I am not from the UK and I am yet to fully understand how it works in the UK.
Also, if I am able to secure school accomodation, are there buses that drop children in their school (say Cranfield Church of England Academy for example) without me having to take them to school myself considering that my classes start by 9am and children school also starts same time.
Cranfield University
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Hi Katherine

Thanks for the information.
It would really be helpful if you could send me a timetable or a schedule showing the activities per week for at least semester 1 and 2. I couldn't get this information anywhere on cranfield website.
My intent is not so much of work, it's taking care of my 3 kids (5, 7 and 9) and getting them off to school and back without a help or Nanny. Pls, do understand I am not from the UK and I am yet to fully understand how it works in the UK.
Also, if I am able to secure school accomodation, are there buses that drop children in their school (say Cranfield Church of England Academy for example) without me having to take them to school myself considering that my classes start by 9am and children school also starts same time.
Hello,

There are public busses that run between the campus and the village that your children can take, there may also be school specific buses, however you will have to check eligibility of this with the school / council. Schools usually open early to allow parents to drop their children off before work, so you do not need to drop them off at 9am exactly.
There are many families on campus, so perhaps when you are settled you can arrange with other parents to share lifts to school. Cranfield has an official scheme for this, although it may be easier to just chat with other parents and see how they go about it
https://liftshare.com/uk/community/cranfield

You can speak with other students on the Cranfield students Facebook pages, perhaps you can make contact with other parents and share information.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cranfieldstudents2020/

We also have student support services on site who are available to help you with any issues you may have not just academic but also with your life here in Cranfield, we want you and your family to be happy here so they will be able to put you in touch with relevant people to help with your childrens' schooling arrangements if you would like to get in touch with them: [email protected]

We also have a blog post about relocating to Cranfield with a young family if you would like a quick read:
https://blogs.cranfield.ac.uk/leader...te-study-worth

I have asked for information on timetables however it is likely they will not be finalised until nearer the time. I will let you know when I get a response.

Hope this all helps, if you need any more advice please ask

Katherine
Tunaski
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Cranfield University)
Hello,

There are public busses that run between the campus and the village that your children can take, there may also be school specific buses, however you will have to check eligibility of this with the school / council. Schools usually open early to allow parents to drop their children off before work, so you do not need to drop them off at 9am exactly.
There are many families on campus, so perhaps when you are settled you can arrange with other parents to share lifts to school. Cranfield has an official scheme for this, although it may be easier to just chat with other parents and see how they go about it
https://liftshare.com/uk/community/cranfield

You can speak with other students on the Cranfield students Facebook pages, perhaps you can make contact with other parents and share information.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cranfieldstudents2020/

We also have student support services on site who are available to help you with any issues you may have not just academic but also with your life here in Cranfield, we want you and your family to be happy here so they will be able to put you in touch with relevant people to help with your childrens' schooling arrangements if you would like to get in touch with them: [email protected]

We also have a blog post about relocating to Cranfield with a young family if you would like a quick read:
https://blogs.cranfield.ac.uk/leader...te-study-worth

I have asked for information on timetables however it is likely they will not be finalised until nearer the time. I will let you know when I get a response.

Hope this all helps, if you need any more advice please ask

Katherine
Hi Katherine,

This is excellent. Thank you for all the support. 🤗.
Cranfield University
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
Hi Katherine,

This is excellent. Thank you for all the support. 🤗.
Hi Tunaski,

Sorry for such a late response, the SoM team is very busy at the moment with applications so it's taken me a while to find somebody to answer your questions.
I received the following response from a colleague about your query:

• "I have managed to speak to the SAS Lead of this course. They have advised that it is best not to send a timetable through as it can change between now and then. However generally the students have lectures everyday between 8.30am-5.45pm with a two hour break in the afternoon. Term 1 is full then I believe that they have days off in the other terms. It is a full-time course so they will generally have lectures every day. We do have a part-time Executive Logistics and Supply Chain Management MSc course that they may want to consider: https://www.cranfield.ac.uk/som/masters-courses/logistics-and-supply-chain-management-executive"

Apologies I couldn't get an actual timetable for you, but I hope this information is still useful.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Katherine

Student Ambassador
Pravvvv81
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi,I have applied for SCM in UCD Smurfit, Cranfield, and Manchester. Which one shall i choose in terms of employment and Networking?Thanks,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (120)
28.1%
No - I have already returned home (57)
13.35%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (84)
19.67%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (40)
9.37%
No - I live at home during term anyway (126)
29.51%

Watched Threads