Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    something that has bugged me for ages......................

ReputationRep:
    The chicken.

ReputationRep:
    Haven't you heard the joke?

A chicken and an egg were lying in bed after just having sex. The chicken lit up a ciggarette, turned to the egg and said "Well, that answers that one."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rover)
    something that has bugged me for ages......................
    Neither..
    the cockrel

ReputationRep:
    weve had this one before i said that the egg came before the chicken because dinosaurs layed eggs before chickens even exsisted

ReputationRep:
    Answer Here, apparently.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zazy)
    Neither..
    the cockrel
    so what came before the crockrel????? egg or the crockrel.

ReputationRep:
    I think the egg. But what do I know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    The old jokes are still the best.
    rn't they just!!
    It's time we came up with new 1z..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    weve had this one before i said that the egg came before the chicken because dinosaurs layed eggs before chickens even exsisted
    Good one

ReputationRep:
    erm....the chicken appeared through evolution ....so it came 1st, then it laid an egg. Solved.

ok i made it up.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say the egg. Of the two, it is at its simplest state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sasha D)
    erm....the chicken appeared through evolution ....so it came 1st, then it laid an egg. Solved.

ok i made it up.
    some beast laid an egg which had a mutant form of the beast which became known as a chicken.

thus the egg came first.

ReputationRep:
    yes but are we talking about just any old egg.. or is it a chicken egg we're interested in??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by presebjenada)
    yes but are we talking about just any old egg.. or is it a chicken egg we're interested in??

Pretty sure it should be the chicken egg we're interested in.
    In which case, I'd say the egg, seeing as something very like a chicken but not quite a chicken would have reproduced, and some genetic mutation would've occured in the egg which made it the chicken we know and love.

ReputationRep:
    for those of u who r scientific and say two mutated bird like creatures had intercourse and created a chicken...this brings us back to the original question...which came first...the bird like creature or the egg??

CR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR3)
    for those of u who r scientific and say two mutated bird like creatures had intercourse and created a chicken...this brings us back to the original question...which came first...the bird like creature or the egg??

CR
    the egg. cus the egg was layed by some other creature and then the egg hatched and it was more mutated and started to evolve and then that layed an egg which hatched and evolved more into a chicken.

ReputationRep:
    a birdlike reptile layed some eggs. one had a fault in the DNA, causing it to hatch into a chicken rather than a birdlike reptile- so the egg.

in any case- was a gradual process of evolution as animals with certain characteristics out evolved others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    a birdlike reptile layed some eggs. one had a fault in the DNA, causing it to hatch into a chicken rather than a birdlike reptile- so the egg.

in any case- was a gradual process of evolution as animals with certain characteristics out evolved others.
    I tend 2 agree with u!!
    It's more like it.. maybe a bit of natural selection was involved..
    Who knows?? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sasha D)
    Thats what i said.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.