Turn on thread page Beta

what came first the egg or the chicken? watch

ReputationRep:
    Come on children...think about it...there is this magical process called EVOLUTION...it is via this process that the breed known as chicken came to be..therefore the chicken came far later than the egg...we know this as eggs are used by all species to breed...they are essential ... so if you are going to ask a stupid question then you should be more specific....in this case the ideal question is what came first, the chicken or the egg that contains a chicken..and by asking the question properly you answer your own question...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alocin)
    Haven't you heard the joke?

A chicken and an egg were lying in bed after just having sex. The chicken lit up a ciggarette, turned to the egg and said "Well, that answers that one."
    lol that was odd...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mentor16)
    in this case the ideal question is what came first, the chicken or the egg that contains a chicken..and by asking the question properly you answer your own question...
    hehe..that's quite a good point!

ReputationRep:
    of course it is...i made it!!!
    haha..not being big headed or anything...but it is a stupid question..

ReputationRep:
    For people who believe in God, the answer is the chicken.

God created Adam & Eve, not independent sperm and eggs.

ReputationRep:
    the chicken due to evolution.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roxy potter)
    the chicken due to evolution.
    I'll buy that too since I'm not religious.

The chicken wins all around!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Baron)
    weve had this one before i said that the egg came before the chicken because dinosaurs layed eggs before chickens even exsisted
    your right but I never thought of it that way

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, chickens arent' related to dinosaurs! They are completely different species. Chickens are mammals and dinosaurs are reptiles.

ReputationRep:
    Tiny vibrating strings of Energy came first that intiated the Big Bang! That's if String theorists are to be believed...

ReputationRep:
    God had to have put the chickens on earth first, for the eggs to come, they have to keep warm, so chickens it is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hoofbeat)
    Tiny vibrating strings of Energy came first that intiated the Big Bang! That's if String theorists are to be believed...

I thought it was when 2 branes banged into each other? Which, actually, I suppose is kind of the same thing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maggie)
    Seriously, chickens arent' related to dinosaurs! They are completely different species. Chickens are mammals and dinosaurs are reptiles.
    mammals are descended from reptioles. and a chicken is not a mammal, it is a bird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riffraff)
    and a chicken is not a mammal, it is a bird
    I concede on that point. I always get that wrong because they're both warm blooded.

So how do you propose that a warm blooded creature evolved out of a cold blooded creater. I say impossible. I'll buy evolution from the ape standpoint but not from the ocean. Too far fetched for me.

ReputationRep:
    I concede on that point. I always get that wrong because they're both warm blooded.

So how do you propose that a warm blooded creature evolved out of a cold blooded creater. I say impossible. I'll buy evolution from the ape standpoint but not from the ocean. Too far fetched for me.

When you think about evolution it is hard to grasp sometimes. For example, I tihnk about the heart - at some stage it went from a single to double circulation - that is a pretty big mutation! But I believe it happened, somehow.
    I don't think cold to warm blooded is too difficult to believe. Then again, I'm not really a biologist - I'm sure someone else could offer a much better explanation than anything I attempt.

ReputationRep:

gentic mutation- there was a lot more radiation around at that point so mutations could concievably have occurred more often.

say a genteic mutation happened in could blooded creatures in the northern or far southern climes where it would be much colder. they would have an instant advantage over their coldblooded relatives, because they would not be dependant on the sun's warmth, and could be quick at any time of the day e.g. they could hunt the other animals whilst the cold bloods were still slow.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.