Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

IB Maths Standard.... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    is a PAIN!...........seriously i suck so much in maths...i hate it!:mad: ....i got a friggin' 2 in my mock...a 2!!!!!!!! :eek: ......seriously....its the only subject thats putting my ib-overall score down. in every other subject i manage to get 6's and 7's, even in Physics!!!! but seriously i curse the day i chose to do maths standard level!...and its friggin STANDARD..it shouldn't be taking up most of my study time..i mean how do people in higher level survive?....the IB exam is barely 3 weeks away...and at this point i'd be satisfied with a 4, even maybe a 3.

anyone have any advice as to how i should devide up my time. Or any crash-course revision guide?

ReputationRep:
    I think the best thing for u now is to get help (if u can).....a private tutor or something, just spend about 2 hours a day going through the stuff u absolutly dont know. I think by that you'll be able to pick up an extra 2 or 3 points.
    I know it may cost a lot but it's so worth it.

one thing i learned in IB is knowing when to call for help.
    Good Luck

ReputationRep:
    get a tutor or if you have a text book, redo as many of the questions that are related to the subjects you have studied. This should help you remember a lot more when it comes to the exam. If you get stuck on any topics you can just post some of the questions here and someone will probally be willing to explain it.

I take higher level maths, and its one of the easiest subjects i take

ReputationRep:
    just have some more practice from the previous past math exams. it'll give you more ideas of how math in IB is gonna be like in the final paper. hopefully the questions from past exams will pretty much give you more help

ReputationRep:
    well yeah, the sad thing is i have a private tutor and that since october :eek: ...and on average i do 4 hours a week with my tutor (normally). But yeah i've started looking at the past papers etc...and am somewhat getting there. i'll just have to bite myself through

ReputationRep:
    Switch to studies; it's dead easy

ReputationRep:
    yeah i'd love t o...thing is i tried earlier this year and the maths head teacher told me if i were to switch half way through the IB course i'd fail maths studies, cos' i would have missed half the stuff they're doing. i was just like wtf? whatever, i just left it in the end stayed in methods.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, I would say the studies syllabus can be learnt in about 2 hours. Can you switch now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gigglybum)
    yeah i'd love t o...thing is i tried earlier this year and the maths head teacher told me if i were to switch half way through the IB course i'd fail maths studies, cos' i would have missed half the stuff they're doing. i was just like wtf? whatever, i just left it in the end stayed in methods.
    that's really strange :confused: .
    at my school, i've heard of people going from higher to standard (especially) and from standard to studies (sometimes), even in the 2nd IB year.

ReputationRep:
    in our school, after the first year methods teacher left and he was really good. the replacement was aweful, so the size of the class decreased by half. so we have about 8 people in hl, about 12 in methods, and over 30 in studies...

perhaps the reason they didn't let you switch is because studies finished their internal assessment during the first year?

ReputationRep:
    It is possible, however, I think they have cheated you. What is your university course?

ReputationRep:
    ahem...architecture..

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.