Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Advice for MPhil Finance Cambridge watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi people,

I am currently in the penultimate year of my degree and am considering the MPhil Finance at Cambridge (also the MFE at Oxford, and MSc Finance LSE).

Is there anyone out there who has applied previously and has experience who is willing to help me out. I need some guidance. Thank you. Possibly PM me!

ReputationRep:
    I am currently at Cambridge, and can tell you that relative to grades, other things count for very little in the admissions process. The best advice that I can give you is to get a high a first as possible, and take as many quantitative modules (the more rigorous the better) as you can.

ReputationRep:
    Minstrel,

Are you in the Mphil Finance program ? If so, I would welcome your opinion on this program as I am considering my offer. My other option is the LSE.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I'm not currently in the MPhil finance program - but have many close friends who are, and some of my supervisors teach on it. I am also currently considering my options (Cam MPhil, Oxford MFE, LSE MSc Fin & Eco). Are you in the same position? Most likely I will be going to Oxford. How about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minstrel)
    Hey,
    I'm not currently in the MPhil finance program - but have many close friends who are, and some of my supervisors teach on it. I am also currently considering my options (Cam MPhil, Oxford MFE, LSE MSc Fin & Eco). Are you in the same position? Most likely I will be going to Oxford. How about you?
    wow, cambridge + oxford, impressive... . What are you currently studying again?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.