Tarts_n_Vicars
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
This might sound a daft question (sorry!) but do teachers really get 2 months + off in the summer? I know they spend a lot of time marking & planning lessons etc, but could you just take off abroad for those 8 weeks every year or do you still have to attend the school for preparation and stuff, even though the kids are off?

:confused:
RK
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I know it the length of time varies around the country, but I hink6 weeks is still pretty normal for the summer break.

I'm not sure how much a teacher is required to do over that time. I guess it's in their best interests to do as much as possible, but I don't think there are heavy, compulsory requirements for them to attend anything in school, though I'd imagine very few actually don't go in for some of the time.
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think there's only a few days which are compulsory, like training days, meetings etc, but yes, they get a lot of holiday! :p:
Ferrus
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They spend most of it dispatching a large backlog of paper work though.
Shakespeare1
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
what kind of paperwork?
Shakespeare1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah ive been wondering what teachers do in the summer....so they do have the time off but they also have a few days in which it is compulsory for them to attend...aw well...
Shakespeare1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
if they went in would they still have to wear uniform well they dont wear uniform lyk i mean would they still have to dress smart in suits or something or can they dress how they like?
santogold
Badges: 14
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Dr_Evil_666)
what kind of paperwork?
Standards and quality assurance. Lesson plans, etc.
lovelee-jublee
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The amount of paperwork would depend on your subject... I'm going for PE, and there's not much paperwork for that! Also, when I went to work experience I asked one of the PE teachers about their lesson plans, and she said she just makes it up as she goes along! :p:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (89)
50%
No (89)
50%

Watched Threads