Can you change your personal statement after UCAS payment? Watch

Commercial Paper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey everyone,

So I got my personal statement and UCAS signed off today by my tutor and senior tutor. They said they'd send it over to Careers ready to be sent off until all the references are attached and then it'll have a final check. My senior tutor told me to pay for it on UCAS, but it just hit me, if they email me and say I have to make any changes to my personal statement or my details or anything, will I be able too after I've submitted payment on UCAS?

Thanks
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If your application hasn't been sent off - ie reference not attached - your application can be sent back to you for changes. If your application has been sent off it's too late.

So it depends whether you think the reference attaching will take longer than the statement checking.
can'tbeleftblank
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
If your application hasn't been sent off - ie reference not attached - your application can be sent back to you for changes. If your application has been sent off it's too late.

So it depends whether you think the reference attaching will take longer than the statement checking.
So that's it? Couldn't you cancel your application and re-send?
Juno
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by can'tbeleftblank)
So that's it? Couldn't you cancel your application and re-send?
Iff it's within 7 days. After that you can't cancel, only withdraw - and if you do that you can't reapply.
can'tbeleftblank
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
Iff it's within 7 days. After that you can't cancel, only withdraw - and if you do that you can't reapply.
Thank you! Do you think it would be worth doing that to correct a mistake on a personal statement? or would the universities raise eyebrows at me?
Juno
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by can'tbeleftblank)
Thank you! Do you think it would be worth doing that to correct a mistake on a personal statement? or would the universities raise eyebrows at me?
Depends what the mistake is, but most mistakes won't be serious enough to need it.
can'tbeleftblank
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Juno)
Depends what the mistake is, but most mistakes won't be serious enough to need it.
Wrong book title, I've been hitting myself since this morning after realising I'd called Primo Levi's'If this is a man' 'Is this man?' :cry:
tee_bs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey! Im in the same situation, my application got sent of to ucas yesterday and i want to cancel my application before 7 days, but then i can make changes to the personal statement and reapply again THIS year??? Any advice would be good?
tee_bs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh and this is because, Im changing the course i want to do, so i kinda need to my personal statement again??
flyyoufools
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I've just found two mistakes about a work experience placement I did on my statement and I've paid and sent it so I'm just waiting for the head of year to write my reference before it's fully sent off. Problem is that the head of year won't notice the errors because they're about the company and work I did there and wouldn't be something she would check and I know the language is fine so I can't see her sending it back to get fixed I have no way of getting in touch with her personally but she's told us she's doing them from Boxing Day onwards and planning to finish before we're back in school. Is there any way for me to get it back and fix it? The errors are that I've named some software incorrectly and described the company incorrectly because I wrote what they labelled themselves on their site but it turns out that's not exactly what they are so it's wrong. I know it's my fault for rushing but I really want to fix it :/ Any possible way? Or should I just let it go?
Carnationlilyrose
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by electra<3)
I've just found two mistakes about a work experience placement I did on my statement and I've paid and sent it so I'm just waiting for the head of year to write my reference before it's fully sent off. Problem is that the head of year won't notice the errors because they're about the company and work I did there and wouldn't be something she would check and I know the language is fine so I can't see her sending it back to get fixed I have no way of getting in touch with her personally but she's told us she's doing them from Boxing Day onwards and planning to finish before we're back in school. Is there any way for me to get it back and fix it? The errors are that I've named some software incorrectly and described the company incorrectly because I wrote what they labelled themselves on their site but it turns out that's not exactly what they are so it's wrong. I know it's my fault for rushing but I really want to fix it :/ Any possible way? Or should I just let it go?
Your referee can send it back to you to amend it until she sends it off so ask her to return it. Send an email.
Bxrana
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Juno)
So if I cancel my application within 7 days I am able to reapply? I made a mistake on my personal statement by a capitalisation of a word!!
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Bxrana)
So if I cancel my application within 7 days I am able to reapply? I made a mistake on my personal statement by a capitalisation of a word!!
That’s a silly thing to cancel your application for. No university is going to reject you because of something so minor.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Keele University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (57)
19.39%
Unconditional if firmed (24)
8.16%
Unconditional if insurance (2)
0.68%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (9)
3.06%
No unconditional offers (202)
68.71%

Watched Threads