MPhil Management at Cambridge Watch

pinknellie
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hey you all,

Has anyone here received an offer or news of any acceptances/rejections for the MPhil Management programme at Judge Business School, University of Cambridge?

This is for Sept 2006 start

If so when did you apply?

Good luck to the MPhil Finance folks who are still waiting for hear from them.
pinknellie
Rep:
?
Ok Ok so an offer finally came through - almost 5 months after i sent in my full application for MPHIL Management.

Ok and look, surprise surprise as per the annoying 'We are Cambridge, we will treat you like a piece of meat', the offer is for a First.

Anyway, sarcasm aside, does anyone know how lenient they are on missing the First-class grade mark? I will graduate with a mid-high 2:1 this summer.

Any help would be great. Thanks
finmath7
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
From what I heard, Cambridge is strict on academic results. (well is that surprising at all?)
But no harm in contacting the dept if a high 2:1 is acceptable.

Best of luck!

Cheers.
yandydy
Report 12 years ago
pinknellie, I have been accepted by Cambridge MPhil Management as well, well on a first as well...do you know which college u are in?

I am still struggling between cambridge and LSE tho'
pinknellie
Rep:
?
hey yandy (lovin the nickname chappy). Well only got the offer through a while ago so not sure yet. But it is funny, i check my self-service page a few times a day so i know which college i have been allocated. This is very important to me.

I picked kings and trinity as my 1st and 2nd choices respectively..i chose these for a number of reasons, but the basis - they were old respected colleges, had a good state-private mix and they actually had grad accommodation in college as opposed to private college-owned accomm in cambridge town centre. I wanted the whole insular-college experience (esp as i am only there for 1 year!).

If you don't mind me asking - When did your offer come through? What is your profile? And where are you from? (International/home).

Ya in same position too with regards to choices, picked Bath as it is an amazing course, nice city, good price. Plus lots of professional accredidations too. Big dilemma - Bath course beats Cam hands down, but the Cam name. Substance Vs style choices. BIG BIG Dilemma.

PM if you want to talk about anything.

LSE/OX isn't that big of a difference, i would choose LSE as it is far more careers focused while cam mhpil is a bit more academic orientated. What did you want to do afterwards? My whole rationale was i wanted a hard-core business career and Business school was the proving ground that would mould me into that. (Followed by the lovely ACA of course).
yandydy
Report 12 years ago
pinknellie,ive picked kings as my 1st choice too but hughes hall as 2nd ...n now i m allocated to hughes hall which is not 2 bad, i chose it becoz its a new post grad hall, with en suite rooms and most importantly, not far from JBS.........

I applied in January and got my offer in April, I am an international student, now doing Economics in Durham, what about you?

I completely agree with you that its a big big dilemna between the name and the course itself. As for course, LSE def. beat cambridge especially I can go to U Chicago for a term to study alongside with MBA students for LSE course. I actually wanna do fashion related business afterwards and london is totally a place for it...............but anyway, cant make any decision now, have to wait till result is out, i mean if i dun get first, i have no choice but to go to LSE anyway. ( I don't mean LSE is my backup however)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Buckingham
    Open Evening Undergraduate
    Thu, 13 Dec '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (9)
39.13%
No (14)
60.87%

Watched Threads