1.8" toshiba 80gb hard disks Watch

Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Does anyone know where I can get these babies from?
JayEm
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What the heck is a 1.8" hard drive? Do you mean a laptop hard drive? They're all 2.5" and are available from any computer component store.
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
No, I meant what I said, 1.8", as this is what my laptop has.
markkey
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It looks like the disk is currently being nicked by Apple of the Ipod and after that it will probably go to system manufactueres and then to general shops. Try contacting your laptops maufacturer to see if they have any instock.
xavier2k3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Mustard, you should be able to use the iPod ones providing they're IDE, if not, you can always get an adapter.

regards
--marty
Lecter
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Evil dirty Ipods, its ashame they didnt go straight to laptop/desktop but i suppose it allows the price to drop and better research into the drive technology.
Mustard-man
Rep:
?
The ipod hard drives are compatible, buts they're only 60gb, I need 80gb! The toshiba website says they offer 80gb, but I can't find them anywhere. They should be available because I've seen articles about Toshiba, saying they've started shipping them out to Apple in 2005.

I am sure they are compatible because I took my hard drive out and it is exactly the same as the ones off ipods on ebay. My laptop is made by Toshiba, and Toshiba are the only suppliers of these 1.8" hard drives.
markkey
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah I heard they were going to be shipped in Q3 2005. Apple are unign them in the Ipod and atm probably stockpiling them so they dont run out in the first few days. It really depends how big the production runs of these drives are.

If you have a look around its still quite difficult to get hold of 7200RPM 2.5" drives even though they have been available in prebuilt machines for over 18 months.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (91)
13.11%
1 (89)
12.82%
2 (89)
12.82%
19.02%
22.48%
19.74%

Watched Threads