The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 1
Here is the official accommodation homepage http://www.accommodation.soton.ac.uk/university/index.html You should find loads of info and pictures on there. Personally I do find Glen Eyre halls to be really nice, and they were my first choice, However being in Montefiore is also really nice.. It does not lack the instant appeal of Glen eyre in the area But its generally I nice place to be and with good Bus links to the uni and city, Due to the fact it is a bit further away then Glen eyre.
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply. I know you have named the Montefiore halls. Are there any named halls which could be recommended? As for these electricity cards, how much is spent on these? With regards to my application, paying for extra electricity does seem a little offputting - unless it doesn't amount to much!
Reply 3
Im not sure what you mean By Named, But All Monte ones are Monte 1,2,3,4 (Youd be looking at 3+4). Glen eyre wise South Hill I know to be nice and ensuite, aswell as hartley grove.
Respective of Electricity card, I told I would be on the system when I came but Im not, which is a bit peculiar.. But from who I have talked to they dont seem to have to much of a problem with them,
Reply 4
Excellent, that's exactly the information I was after. Now to fill in the form... :smile:
Reply 5
I'll put this here cause it's a q about accomodation.

Soton is my insurance, does this mean if I go there I will get crappy accomodation?
Reply 6
No, you will be guarenteed accommodation within 4 weeks I think and they still take your choices and preferences into account as much as they can. I know people who got 1st choice places when they had Soton as an insurance! It can happen but it's not guarenteed; but nobody can guarentee you'll get your 1st choice even if you hold a firm offer.
Reply 7
Southampton is my firm chioce and i am also looking at self catered ensuite but not too fussed on the complex. does any one know how the uni allocates halls? eg would they try and find my choice accross all complexs or would my 1st choice complex be chosen if there was self catered room regardless of whether it was en suite. i dont want to have to go in the shared bathroom halls after seeing wessex lane it was horrible.

Latest

Trending

Trending