NickiM
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hi,
I am doing AS Edexcel Music, and have been trying to revise it. Currently, I only have limited info for the set works (our only teacher isn't great) and have been going through the score, annotating it, and recording notes onto my mp3 player. I don't know how much detail is needed though, as I have never attempted any exam questions for this paper. Also, I am finding it hard to revise the larger works (especially in music for large ensemble, I am also doing pop/jazz), any tips for this?

What about the rest? I heard that for the listening paper, the grade A boundary is really high, and I really want to get this. What can I do to improve my chances on this paper? I have no notes at all.

Thanks, and any help is really appreciated.

Nicki
sexysax
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
What are your set works?
fatboy06
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Has your school got Auralia? If so use that for the listening paper. Lots of practise - try notating bass parts and melodies when you listen to music and working out cadences without singing or using an instrument. Plus listen to loads of music - variety is the key - and read up on them - style, performance circumstances, date etc.
NickiM
Rep:
?
Nope, we haven't got Auralia, we don't even have any computers in the music department.

Nat - I'm doing music for large ensemble, and pop and jazz, I'll name the specific ones later
lufiaguy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
This book is helping me with the listening papers: http://www.musicroom.com/se/ID_No/096371/details.html

As for the set works, IMO the best book for those is the Rhinegold study guide. It's about £20 but it's definitely worth it if you're having problems with the set works.
NickiM
Rep:
?
I have an orange book for Music, which I think is Rhinegold. It just doesn't seem very detailed.
-me-
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hey, im currently doing AS music with edexcel too. for set works large ensebles and small ensembles, weve got pretty good notes on these.
for listening we havent done hardly any practice, and i really cant do it most of the time... well im just gonna hope i get a good day on the exam
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (88)
28.95%
1 (50)
16.45%
2 (43)
14.14%
3 (46)
15.13%
4 (22)
7.24%
5 (21)
6.91%