Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    TSR doesnt work on the laptop?

ReputationRep:
    What browser is your laptop using? Perhaps it's full of spyware?

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    Do other sites work fine? Install firefox or opera and see if that help.

ReputationRep:
    just clear your temp internet files and cookies and run a spyware check, if it still fails to work, there aint much more you can do!

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    If it doesn't have any installed spyware removal software, you need to install one like Spybot. I doubt its spyware though, the site's more likely been blocked in the firewall settings or something.

ReputationRep:
    All I can suggest is try a system restore.

ReputationRep:
    Click Start -> Programs -> Accesories -> System Tool -> System Restore

Then choose Restore my computer to an earlier time
    It gives you a load of dates in bold which you can restore to. Pick the closest to today's date and then follow the prompts. The computer shuts down and restores itself.

ReputationRep:
    I forgot to mention the system restore is fully reversible. So if after you've carried it out, you find that some of the programs that were installed are not there, or the TSR problem hasn't been fixed or things like the wallpaper has changed and other settings, don't panic. You can restore it back to today's configuration. Anything that was saved in My Documents will be left unchanged. Just follow the same steps as before but this time choose "undo restoration." Good Luck!

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.