Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Too damn pale. Foundation questionios. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Strolled into the megaBoots in Inverness yesterday, tried the palest shade of every foundation they had in there and none of them were light enough.
    Phooey.:confused:
    Anyone else here had a similar problem? I tried that Barbra Daly stuff but it comes off really quickly and gives me the shiny face look beloved of P.E teachers and juvies who've had too much WKD and been horribly ill.
    Am I supposed to put powder on first or something to set it or what?
    Sounds pretty trivial, but I think I'm on the right messageboard for it at least.
    Help help helpy help help.

And NO, I'm not a naturally greasy scruff, before any smartarses comment on that. :p:

ReputationRep:
    I personally use Maybelline EverFresh in Ivory.

You have to be careful with Maybelline. Their range of foundations might all have an Ivory shade, but they certainly ain't all the same colour. Some of their Ivory shade are far too orange on me.

EverFresh is great though. I apply it very thinly with a brush or sponge too, so it just evens colour rather than looking like it's sat there. And I use the palest 17 loose powder, the oil control one, to avoid shine.

It's hard to get foundation when people don't realise you don't want to look bronze and tanned.

Also try MAC, they have a very big range of foundations, much wider than high street brands. They also seem to have each of their shades in a pinky tone and yellowy tone version, so that should really help find the right one.

ReputationRep:
    I find that most foundations are too dark for me, except Max Factor Lasting Performance in fair, that's fine. I'm really glad someone else has this problem - I never even thought my skin was that pale until I started trying to find a foundation that didn't make me look like I'd been tangoed!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, join the club...

Even my foudnatio nat the moment is too dark.

I did like the Max Factor Colour Adapt one, so I might try that again.

ReputationRep:
    I am possibly the palest person in existence - randoms like to approach me on the street and ask if I'm albino, it's that bad!

If you want something REALLY pale, try Collection 2000 Sheer Moist Foundation in 1. Sheer Porcelain - it's very light and is like a tinted mosturiser so you don't look caked in make up. Cost £2.79 or something ridiculous like that...

Boots have stopped doing their Botanics Make Up range which is annoying, cus their foundations in shade 10, Almond, were always perfect. Slightly thicker coverage but had lots of plant extracts etc in so you didn't end up with awful skin as a result.
    You can occasionally pick up a bottle on Ebay, BNIB for about 99p (bargain of the century - don't you dare try to outbid me as I like to stock up on my fave discontinued foundation ). Used to retail for £10.00 so I wouldn't bid anything more than that if you catch it online...

I've found Maybelline, Rimmel, Max Factor, Bourjois, No 7/17 et al to be absolutely useless - all far too orange or yellow. Try MAC or Nars - they've got lots of choice generally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dogtanian)
    I personally use Maybelline EverFresh in Ivory.
    :ditto: I'm ghostly pale and this is the lightest foundation I have found. It has a good coverage aswell and it just lasts and lasts. It's fab for clubbing because it doesn't sweat off in the heat (attractive thought, I know) and it doesn't rub off onto clothes. Not too expensive - around £8 I think and def worth it. Having said that if your budget is bigger, get your ass down to MAC where the make-up girls will match a foundation to your skin tone and texture exactly but be prepared to pay £20+. good luck fellow pale chick

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel_Cake)
    I find that most foundations are too dark for me, except Max Factor Lasting Performance in fair, that's fine. I'm really glad someone else has this problem - I never even thought my skin was that pale until I started trying to find a foundation that didn't make me look like I'd been tangoed!
    I second Max Factor. Test the Color Adapt in the palest shade perhaps, that one seems pretty pale to me.

ReputationRep:
    Pale and Interesting ladies of the TSR board, unite and set up a make up label, ecologically friendly, not tested on animals and in a range of interesting packaging, such as fifties style, monochrome and cocoa butter scented!
    Mmmm, cocoa butter...*licks arm*

ReputationRep:
    I am quite a pale indian and i hate it when people call me lebanese. It's so annyoing i can understand what you are going though!

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'd buy it.

...but I have neither the time or the inclination to set it up and sell it.

Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Can't Prescriptives mix a custom foundation for you? They could go as light as you needed...might cost a bit more, though...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.