Turn on thread page Beta

Whats the best way to meet girls? watch

Announcements

I know this seems like a stupid question, but i have trouble meeting girls.
    Ive had a couple of flings in the past (last one being half a year ago), but that was a friends sister, i have trouble meeting girls.
    Is there any good sites, like dating sites, i know its really pathetic, but i just feel lonely sometimes .
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't go for websites, you don't really know who you're talking to a lot of the time.

The easiest way to meet people is to go out with your friends to bars/pubs/clubs etc and just try and chat to people other than just those you're with. It's a bit harder for guys and girls as they're the ones that are expected to make the first move and go over to say hi, but what do you have to lose? Just go over, introduce yourself and have a chat.

How old are you?

Im 18.

ReputationRep:
    I think that leaving the computer screen is probably going to be your best bet (not in a degrading way at all)

I always find I meet nice women when Im out and not even looking!

Put yourself out there, be honest, be yourself

ReputationRep:
    do a fashion course at uni XD all the men are gay so not competition

ReputationRep:
    Randomly throw yourself at girls you see in the street.

Seriously: perhaps if you weren't so worried about meeting girls (and trying so hard) it might happen when you least expect it?

Do you feel like you NEED to be with a girl?

ReputationRep:
    Streak through the assembly of an all-girls' school...

^^ I did that once, didn't go aswell as i hoped , the nuns were not impressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Talya)
    Randomly throw yourself at girls you see in the street.

Seriously: perhaps if you weren't so worried about meeting girls (and trying so hard) it might happen when you least expect it?

Do you feel like you NEED to be with a girl?
    You would be suprised! Some guys do apparantley throw themselves at girls in the street- i was asked out by batman today! Definately the most "interesting" way i've been asked out :p: ! He was collecting money for charity and got talking to me and then gave me his number and asked me out on a date! Superheroes, honestly! :rolleyes:

Lou
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    I go to the female changing rooms at my gym, walk in and run forwards, trip over. 'Woah sorry ladies, wrong room. Ah my ankle" Then I get a swarm around me within seconds.

ReputationRep:
    Stay far away from dating sites! You'll think your meeting a hot girl but it'll probably be a wrinkly, old man (i don't speak from personal experience). Do you have any friends that are girls? Maybe they can introduce you to some of their girlfreinds!?

ReputationRep:
    go out more.. bars/pubs/clubs/parties... simple

ReputationRep:
    ummm yeah same as above......get out more......moreover i know its hard but you need to develop a tad more confidence........girls like confidence in a boy! do you live in london? cos if you do there are plenty of opportunities.where it is just huge gatherings of teenagers....Xfm first friday, KOKO every friday, barfly, panic etc. PM me i can give you more advice if you want

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sparkly_tiara)
    You would be suprised! Some guys do apparantley throw themselves at girls in the street- i was asked out by batman today! Definately the most "interesting" way i've been asked out :p: ! He was collecting money for charity and got talking to me and then gave me his number and asked me out on a date! Superheroes, honestly! :rolleyes:

Lou
    xxx
    My friend got asked out by Spiderman last week, also collecting for charity - I see a theme here...

ReputationRep:
    Lol! Spiderman was also in the street... as was superman! It was a very strange day!

Lou
    xxx

This post is cute!! Its hardly a problem!! So stop worrying! But, yeah, go out more, have more fun, be Mr Confident and the girls will flock! (Or they should!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    I go to the female changing rooms at my gym, walk in and run forwards, trip over. 'Woah sorry ladies, wrong room. Ah my ankle" Then I get a swarm around me within seconds.
    LOL i gotta try that one day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fried_brain)
    ummm yeah same as above......get out more......moreover i know its hard but you need to develop a tad more confidence........girls like confidence in a boy! do you live in london? cos if you do there are plenty of opportunities.where it is just huge gatherings of teenagers....Xfm first friday, KOKO every friday, barfly, panic etc. PM me i can give you more advice if you want
    he might not like indie!!
    although those are good places to meet people, i have met a couple of boyfriends at those clubs

ReputationRep:
    In all honesty it depends purely on the girl. If you get her eye contact then just give her your number.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2006
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.