Turn on thread page Beta

What couldn't you survive without in life? DON'T say oxygen, food, sunlight blablabla watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Not compared to food, water etc.
    You can't get food without sunlight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Out of those factors mentioned, it wouldn't be the most necessary.
    You are talking bs. Sunlight isn't "necessary"?

ReputationRep:
    1) Mascara
    2) My bottle of "Tredre Poison" by Christian Dior
    3) Jasmine Tea
    4) My Supré jeans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    You can't get food without sunlight.
    surely using cloning techniques, you can make food without sunlight or am i wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    didnt we have this thread like yesterday? oh well, in the interests of humouring you: crisps.
    I wouldn't know, I'm not here 24/7 monitoring every new thread like you evidently are!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bono)
    Out of those factors mentioned, it wouldn't be the most necessary.
    But think about it for a minute. If there were no sunlight, we would end up in an ice age, everything would freeze over and the earth wouldn't be all that capable of supporting life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LoStInIdEaFlOoD)
    I wouldn't know, I'm not here 24/7 monitoring every new thread like you evidently are!
    or not. i think you'll find my average post count is nothing special.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    But think about it for a minute. If there were no sunlight, we would end up in an ice age, everything would freeze over and the earth wouldn't be all that capable of supporting life.
    If the sun went out for a period (as you do) the temperature on Earth would have dropped below freezing. People on the coasts would probably last longer than the rest though, because of the heat the oceans would release. People with large energy reserves would also last longer.

I think the best place to stay in that situation would be the ocean , because a layer of insulating ice would be formed.

How did this turn into a biology lesson?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    or not. i think you'll find my average post count is nothing special.
    Don't worry! I'd love to be an adored and respected member!

ReputationRep:
    If the sun went out for a period (as you do) the temperature on Earth would have dropped below freezing. People on the coasts would probably last longer than the rest though, because of the heat the oceans would release. People with large energy reserves would also last longer.

I think the best place to stay in that situation would be the ocean , because a layer of insulating ice would be formed.

How did this turn into a biology lesson?!
    If the sun was to suddenly dissappear, but its gravitiational effects still present, then there would be some heat residue from last heating up of Earth by the Sun.

Your analysis of the water world scenario is quite unlikely, more likely to be in the inner diamond mines, where temepratures are uncomfortably hot, due to the earth's own core.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't live without a computer with broadband, I could never either be without a computer or go back to ISDN or 56k, it would be too horrible.

ReputationRep:
    For me it's

a) The GHD straightener
    b) All the books I own
    c) Clinique rinse-off foam
    d) My best friend
    e) Dancing and singing around the house

Simple but true!
    mine are:
    a) eyelash curlers (i have 13 spare pairs in case shops decide to stop making them and one in a anti-radiation capsule buried in my backyard in case all the other pairs melt in a freak nuclear explosion but i and my eyelashes somehow manage to survive)
    b) hairbrush... no singing and dancing around the house is complete without it - i find the kitchen lino is the best place for bustin a move what about you?
    c) post-it notes. I wouldn't even remember to breathe unless i wrote it on one of these babies.

ReputationRep:
    Love

ReputationRep:
    For me it's

a) The GHD straightener
    b) All the books I own
    c) Clinique rinse-off foam
    d) My best friend
    e) Dancing and singing around the house

Simple but true!
    mine is my bulldog

ReputationRep:
    cant think of just one... hmmm

ReputationRep:
    my sight

and weetos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hexa)
    If the sun was to suddenly dissappear, but its gravitiational effects still present, then there would be some heat residue from last heating up of Earth by the Sun.

Your analysis of the water world scenario is quite unlikely, more likely to be in the inner diamond mines, where temepratures are uncomfortably hot, due to the earth's own core.
    Ahh so you mean the only energy to the surface of the Earth is the heat from it's own interior, that makes more sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Its me isn't it?
    well.. ya no...

ReputationRep:
    Apparently most men would rather lose the use of their legs than the use of their penis. But that may be completely untrue.
    Which are you? :P I'd rather keep my legs I think!

ReputationRep:
    I'm gutted now.
    what? why?

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.