clm
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Ok so here's my dilemma...
I have to reply to my offers quite soon, BUT I can't decide between UEA and Durham. They've both offered me ABB

Durham has an amazing reputation and the course (anthropology) is perfect for me, but is quite far away

BUT I really like East Anglia as a university, but the course (anthropology, art history and archeology) isn't exactly what I had in mind, tho seems good and has the chance to spend a year in Australia

The thing is that both places are completely different, so i like aspects of both of them.

Anyone got any advice?
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd bite the bullet and go with Durham. Like you said, the course is good and the reputation is great. Unless you really dislike Durham's collegiate system/campus life, you should head there.
twiga
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
UEA all the way!!! It's great!!!
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I'd go with Durham. Enjoying the course is really important, and as long as you don't dislike the university, I'd say that would be the better choice.
Kaytus
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
imho always go with the course over the uni, because its silly to go just for somewhere you like for a course you don't really want to do. so stick with durham i guess.
blurboy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Stick with Durham. You'd fine happiness where ever you go!
timestar
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As both Durham and UEA are "good" universities I wouldn't worry that much about reputation overall, although you might want to look at how each is rated for the specific course that you want to study. For example, if you want to do psychology, make sure that the course is BPS accredited. The Quality Assurance Agency has subject reports for most unis that you can view at:

http://www.qaa.ac.uk/reviews/reports/instIndex.asp

I also agree with another on here that unless you hate the place, go with the university that does your first choice course.

You also need to realise that once you are "in the system" i.e. you have been accepted through UCAS at a university and done say a year there, it is much easier to transfer to another university.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (9)
7.96%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (12)
10.62%
No, but maybe I will look into it (28)
24.78%
No and I wouldn't consider it (64)
56.64%

Watched Threads