Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Past paper watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I'm answering a question from a past paper - "Assess sociological explanations of ethnic differences in educational achievement". (20 marks)

I've written my answer but don't know how to conclude because it's not a direct question so I don't quite know what I'm 'answering' i.e. concluding with? Can anyone help...

ReputationRep:
    In basic terms, pick the explanation that you think "explains the most" and briefly say why you think it's the most convincing.

Alternatively, if none of the explanations are particularly convincing then this is what you conclude (the trick is to always say why you've drawn a particular conclusion and you'll always get some marks for evaluation...).

ReputationRep:
    I agree with the above, if you have a question that makes you assess different causes, the way to conclude is by saying which one os the most important. In your essay, you said have made a judgement after each point. For example, 'Although this goes some way towards explaining X, it does not take into acount the importance of Y. There are a few sentances you can use, so vary it a little!

ReputationRep:
    your answer to the question should be a structured argument detailing the basic perspectives and if you chose to, should have began to focus on a specific aspect, which you would conclude as important. Back it up with not only sociological ideas, but recent studies and articles, so get looking on the news websites etc.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.