Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Discuss.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Of course.

ReputationRep:
    And there we go. Wasn't that great?

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunatley there are many ethnic and religious divisions, which al too often prove to be too strong and an impediment to integration.

ReputationRep:
    The question should be: will multicultural societies ever fully work? Is total integration fully possible?

ReputationRep:
    They exist in every society except the ones that don't have "multiculturalism" forced on them.

(Original post by Atomik)
    The question should be: will multicultural societies ever fully work? Is total integration fully possible?
    no.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theicon)
    Discuss.
    Isn't that obvious? If you wanted to discuss it why didn't you call it 'Racial and religious divisions in society'?

ReputationRep:
    What a stupid question. Of course they do.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with all the above posters. This answer is yes. I very much doubt anyone would argue otherwise; the thread is pointless.

ReputationRep:
    Discuss.
    Riots in the north of England a few years ago and the London Bombings have proven that they exist.

ReputationRep:
    ^ What the hell is that signature all about? I take it that it's a lift from the BNP website? It sounds an awful lot like their emotive claptrap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johnny)
    ^ What the hell is that signature all about? I take it that it's a lift from the BNP website? It sounds an awful lot like their emotive claptrap.
    Its called demagoguery.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lawz-)
    Its called demagoguery.
    Ahhh of course. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flux)
    Yep, hence why in the news you are always hearing about

The Asian community
    The African community
    The black community
    The muslim community

As well as countless others, if there were no divisions then it would just be "The community"
    Could you avoid using the term asian since that includes a huge variety of people some of which dont like to be associated with others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flux)
    I was using it as an example of things we hear in the news, and they do talk about the Asian community quite a lot.
    yeah i know however they should be more specific.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but what does that prove?

The UK has strengths as a multi -racial society. And certain advantages over homogenous societies too.

Do you ever hear about different "communities" in Malaysia?

Now compare the UK with Malaysia.

ReputationRep:
    ^ if only the BNP understood that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by djchak)
    Yes, but what does that prove?

The UK has strengths as a multi -racial society. And certain advantages over homogenous societies too.

Do you ever hear about different "communities" in Malaysia?

Now compare the UK with Malaysia.
    So Britain was not great untill mass-immigration? Yes the UK is better off than Malaysia, but we were better off than Malaysia back when we were a totally white country, so whats your point?

ReputationRep:
    Discuss.
    yes of course, question solved
    close thread now

ReputationRep:
    yes, but is the minorities that create them.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.