Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

studying for english a1 hl watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    how are you guys going about studying for english other than reading the book and reading spark notes? im doing house of the spirits, wide sargasso sea and heat and dust... id appreciate it if you could send me any notes you have on these three books... thanks a bunch...

ReputationRep:
    people study for english? like I barely finish reading any of the books in english HL and I'm getting above 80 %. I guess my advice would be "think outside the box" teachers like that

ReputationRep:
    yeah that sounds about right. rereading books, notes, and sparknotes...but seriously, sparknotes is great...
    Also I've been doing past paper to get used to the style of questions

ReputationRep:
    But then again, you shouldn't try to be unconventional to the point of wrong because that will get you low marks. Make sure that you can back up your arguments by at least 2 examples, otherwise all will go to the dogs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by locutionatoress)
    But then again, you shouldn't try to be unconventional to the point of wrong because that will get you low marks. Make sure that you can back up your arguments by at least 2 examples, otherwise all will go to the dogs.
    You could still mention points that aren't 100% coventional but mention that you realise that it's not the usual interpretation. that gives you pts for interpretations and realising that your own opinion isn't everything.

ReputationRep:
    check out www.litworks.com
    they have a mock paper for this course....
    its pretty good.....

ReputationRep:
    Use the IB English A1 Compendium to study for English.

ReputationRep:
    /\
    cool

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IB The Great)
    Use the IB English A1 Compendium to study for English.
    What a great link!! And just in time too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by locutionatoress)
    What a great link!! And just in time too.
    ya it was an awesome link ..... kinda got depressed as well after i read the EE sample lol ...anewy good luck fr the exams all u IB'ers....

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.