Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A question relating to VBA. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Is there any way to write code in VBA which will take a particular date in this format: "02/01/2006", and return which week day this date is and save it to an Access field or a Text Box in a form?
    For example this one is a Monday, so the code would return the text string "Monday" to the field or Text Box.

I would very much appreciate any responses as this question is quite urgent.

ReputationRep:
    Private Sub Command1_Click()
    Label1.Caption = Format$(Text1, "dddd")
    End Sub
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: zip forms.zip (527 Bytes, 51 views)

ReputationRep:
    you can use "ddd" instead of "dddd" if you want the day to be displayed like Mon, Tue, Wed, etc.

ReputationRep:
    hey there, i found what you are looking for: heres the link

It tells you how to find the weekday from the date, basically what you asked for, i think.

ReputationRep:
    Sugoi!

Domo Arragatto Guy01 and _WiZaRd_, you have both been extremely helpful. But you have not been useful, coursework.info...IF that is your real name!! Yevon be with you Guy Zero One and underscore WiZaRD underscore....well actually Yevon is an evil religion. Ummm...Satan be...no...err...:eek:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 19, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.