Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Footballer's Wives watch

ReputationRep:
    What ever am I going to do? Its the last episode in the current series of Footballer's Wives, and I can't believe its all passed so quickly.

Can anyone recommend some trash TV to fill the void soon to be left in my life?

ReputationRep:
    i know! i cant believe it will be gone again, it doesnt feel like its been on for long enough.
    there is nothing that can compare to footballers wives in terms of trash tv, but i will be watching lost(when it comes back on) and desperate housewives till then.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't really keep up with the second series of desperate housewives, hopefully they'll rerun it so I can watch all from the start

Which Footballer's Wives couple do you think will be least likely to return in the next series (seems to be tradition that one couple gets booted out!). I guess the Trey/Liberty story has run its course, but could this series also be the end of Shannon?

ReputationRep:
    I don't really know what more they can give Shannon. This whole 'fake cancer' story really showed her to be a pretty poor character I think.

Loving the Trey storyline, and I cannot wait to find out what happens with Gary now that Roger's dead

There isn't going to be a next series

ReputationRep:
    :eek: What - you're kidding me!

ReputationRep:
    OMG! please tell me there is going to be another series... i dont know what i'll do on a thurs night! lol

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we've seen the end of Footballer's Wives. After reading your post I panicked and googled for any evidence that this was true, didn't find any - Praise the lord!

Apparently the show is quite popular on BBC America. I think we can look forward to more outrageous story lines in the future.

I loved the Joan Collins episodes; I find cat fights disturbingly erotic.

ReputationRep:
    lol. its on tonight isnt it... 1 and a half hour special coz its the end of serties, although this series has gotta be the shortest so far...

ReputationRep:
    yea, I think there were 9 or 10 episodes last series. Do you think Amber will return in future series? Nothing is impossible in the world of Footballer's Wives.

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy it because it makes no attempt to take itself seriously. Like with all the soaps they try so hard but with Footballers' wives it's trash and it's proud of it.

I'm most looking forward to finding out what happens with Lucy - will she keep the baby and will she go back to Bruno?

ReputationRep:
    Phew, I'm glad it's not the last series yet . I can't wait to find out what happens with Paulo / Amber tonight after his extreme madness and begging for his 'mama' last episode.

ReputationRep:
    no i dont think she will. Theres not muh more she can do really is there? after going psycho... i did like the fact that the amount of khol eyeliner she wore corresponded to the depths of her psychopathy though. I still cant believe roger is dead, although to be honest i did wonder whether they were going to kill him off after he became blind, as i wondered what more they could do with his character. Tanya Turner is still the original and best footballers wife though...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brimstone)
    Phew, I'm glad it's not the last series yet . I can't wait to find out what happens with Paulo / Amber tonight after his extreme madness and begging for his 'mama' last episode.
    yeh that whole thing is a bit weird though really... i didnt really understand it to start with, and the flashbacks are too quick so you can never really see what they are... which is a bit annoying

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why Lucy told Bruno about the baby, she's such a sucker! I thought she was gonna end up with Trey, what a disappointment

ReputationRep:
    It's nonsense, but whenever I see it on television it proves to be strangely endearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fubu)
    I don't understand why Lucy told Bruno about the baby, she's such a sucker! I thought she was gonna end up with Trey, what a disappointment
    ah but last night she admitted she'd slept with him, by asking if the baby was black or not.

oh last nights episode was sooo good! i cant believe we're going to have to wait for the next series. :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm shocked it was Tre's baby - when did she sleep with him? And I'm glad Liberty finally got her comeuppance, even if it was in a pretty bad way.

Why is Tanya so stupid to meet in that club - even I could see that it was a fix. If she had any sense, she would have chosen where to meet, in a public place somewhere. Idiot :mad:. Now the police will never find out how Garry killed Roger.

So upset it was the last episode though :bawling:

ReputationRep:
    So many cliff-hangers in one episode!

I can't see Tanya Turner being killed off, she's far too savvy. I would like the baby to be Trey's because I don't like Bruno Poor Liberty, she won't be coming back for another series. And Shannon, well she only got knocked out, I can't see that ending in tragedy.

But Tanya can't die, she is Footballer's Wives.

ReputationRep:
    I hope Liberty comes back, just so we can see her modelling career fall to pieces. Oh well, it's her own fault - she shouldn't have made fun of her own race. That confused me a bit though :confused: - why was it so insulting?

Tanya can't die! Please writers, don't kill her off. When did Trey sleep with Lucy?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2006
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.