Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    does anyone actually do GCSE or A level electronics?

ReputationRep:
    I did GCSE Electronics, it was the best GCSE I did by far.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wiwarin_mir)
    does anyone actually do GCSE or A level electronics?
    Leekey (the moderator) does Electronics at A-Level.

He says it is really hard.

ReputationRep:
    I really don't think A2 electroncis is really that hard, I got a B at GCSE, and a B at AS, I don't know why, but electronics seems a lot easier than either IT or physics

ReputationRep:
    I wanted to do Electronics A level but it wasn't an option at my college.

ReputationRep:
    my school is the only one in the north of kent that actually does A level electronics, and it is so popular for GCSE that they may have to get 2 classes for AS next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Bummer. I made them put it on just for me.
    lol really? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i did gcse electronics. my project didn't work.

ReputationRep:
    I found electronics so interesting I still do, but its been ages since I last built any cirtcuits just for fun.

ReputationRep:
    The projects I did for electronics (coursework)

GCSE - automatic cat-flap

A/S - automatic door counter/alarm

A2 - 4 bit time division multiplexer with a receiver

ReputationRep:
    Im doing As electronics. I dont think its hard.

ReputationRep:
    If you need any help, give me a buzz, I managed to get a B in it, so I could be of some help

ReputationRep:
    If you need any help, give me a buzz, I managed to get a B in it, so I could be of some help
    Thanks. I find the digital side of things is really simple, but the analogue can be a bit of a pain sometimes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    I wanted to do Electronics A level but it wasn't an option at my college.
    i did it 4 2 months! i mite have got a C in it but that wudnt b good enuff 4 lse!

(Original post by JamesF)
    Im doing As electronics. I dont think its hard.
    Assuming you do the OCR syllabus, wait until you have started the Transistor modules in the A2 before you comment. This is the section that is threatening to deny me an A dispite my 270+ UMS mark for AS.

I really don't think A2 electroncis is really that hard, I got a B at GCSE, and a B at AS, I don't know why, but electronics seems a lot easier than either IT or physics
    I guess its different from person to person but I find it quite hard, although I quite like the communication module (do you do the OCR syllabus?). I was lucky enough to get an A at AS but I'm a bit worried that this may drop after the A2. Should be ok though because I can compansate I drop a grade by hopefully getting a good grade in maths or computing.

ReputationRep:
    im not doing electrical engineering, but we still have to do electronics, i find it hard!

corner frequencies in complex numbers, op amps, tricky transistors...

ahhh!!!

(Original post by Ollie)
    im not doing electrical engineering, but we still have to do electronics, i find it hard!

corner frequencies in complex numbers, op amps, tricky transistors...

ahhh!!!
    Guessing you have developed the same hatred for MOSFET's and TL081's as I have!!!

ReputationRep:
    I hated the TIL package transistors as I found it very hard to work out which leg was which. I have blown a few transistors up in my time.

ReputationRep:
    Im doing electronics at A level right now.

AS project: 4 bit combination lock.
    You had to press 4 buttons in the right sequence, but it was done using serial-to-parallel and visa versa convertors and was supposed to end up much more complicated envolving a 0-9 keypad. In the class EVERYONE actually got an E on the AS project but I got an A in both exams so ended up with a B overall. But thinking back my project was really lame.

A2 Project: Naughts and Crosses/Tic Tac Toe game

Interestingly at my college i am one of only four people doing A level electronics.

I also do Physics ([email protected]), Maths Mech (ahem [email protected]) and Computing ([email protected]) all at A2

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.