Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

A little crash watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    y'day i was at a roundabout and i was 3rd in line

the car that was first in line moved out so i looked at the road and it was clear so i presumed he will go aswell but he never so i hit the back of his car.

i was going like 5mph cuz i just lifted my clutch

just then a police car came along (nobody had called them) and they took details and watever

does this mean ill get points cuz i thought u only did if you actually called the police

also one of my other mates was waiting at red lights,,,,and by accident he moved foward (like 2-3 metres) will he get a ticket from the camaras? ( it really was a mate lol cuz i no everyone will says no its u )

ReputationRep:
    You will get 12 points and a £80 fine and hefty slap :damnmate:

ReputationRep:
    If it was your fault you get the points regardless of who phoned the police. Regarding the other issue if there was no flash he/she should be safe.

ReputationRep:
    You won't get a ticket; unless they issued it at the time. If they had seen dangerous driving of course they may have issued one, or if the person you hit made such a claim against you it could be looked into. You need not call the police unless the roads are blocked, anybody is hurt/refusing to give required information or any damage other than that to the cars has been sustained. That is a general rule.

However, you will have a own-fault accident against you for your insurance, assuming the other party is claiming against you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by walshie)
    You will get 12 points and a £80 fine and hefty slap :damnmate:
    Are you being sarcastic? My mate wrote too cars off and all he will get is 3 pointer if that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pghstochaj)
    You won't get a ticket; unless they issued it at the time. If they had seen dangerous driving of course they may have issued one, or if the person you hit made such a claim against you it could be looked into. You need not call the police unless the roads are blocked, anybody is hurt/refusing to give required information or any damage other than that to the cars has been sustained. That is a general rule.

However, you will have a own-fault accident against you for your insurance, assuming the other party is claiming against you.
    And that could potentialy be very expensive for young drivers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    Are you being sarcastic? My mate wrote too cars off and all he will get is 3 pointer if that.
    Most definitely

ReputationRep:
    He's kidding! You don't get points for an accident unless it is shown that you acting illegally (etc.). Very unlikely in general accident like that, as it was an "accident" and not dangerous driving/DUI etc.

ReputationRep:
    Why would you get points lol

ReputationRep:
    so fingers crossed and i should not be getting n e points!?

(the guy just rang and said the damamge is £21.19 + vat and i said ill pay all cost and pay for any petrol costs on top he seemed ok about it)

ReputationRep:
    With the traffic light thing was the camera painted yellow? The ones on top of the lights are there to monitor traffic/number of cars waiting, not catch people jumping lights, and I think any camera that is being used to prosecute has to be painted yellow.

ReputationRep:
    he cant remember off by heart he said maybe or maybe or maybe not ..he aint sure

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CurlyBen)
    ...I think any camera that is being used to prosecute has to be painted yellow.
    Traffic light cameras are grey.

(http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/TrafficLight.htm)

ReputationRep:
    He will find out within 2 weeks!

Graham

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 12, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.