papz_007
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
y'day i was at a roundabout and i was 3rd in line

the car that was first in line moved out so i looked at the road and it was clear so i presumed he will go aswell but he never so i hit the back of his car.

i was going like 5mph cuz i just lifted my clutch

just then a police car came along (nobody had called them) and they took details and watever

does this mean ill get points cuz i thought u only did if you actually called the police

also one of my other mates was waiting at red lights,,,,and by accident he moved foward (like 2-3 metres) will he get a ticket from the camaras? ( it really was a mate lol cuz i no everyone will says no its u )
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You will get 12 points and a £80 fine and hefty slap :damnmate:
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
If it was your fault you get the points regardless of who phoned the police. Regarding the other issue if there was no flash he/she should be safe.
pghstochaj
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You won't get a ticket; unless they issued it at the time. If they had seen dangerous driving of course they may have issued one, or if the person you hit made such a claim against you it could be looked into. You need not call the police unless the roads are blocked, anybody is hurt/refusing to give required information or any damage other than that to the cars has been sustained. That is a general rule.

However, you will have a own-fault accident against you for your insurance, assuming the other party is claiming against you.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by walshie)
You will get 12 points and a £80 fine and hefty slap :damnmate:
Are you being sarcastic? My mate wrote too cars off and all he will get is 3 pointer if that.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by pghstochaj)
You won't get a ticket; unless they issued it at the time. If they had seen dangerous driving of course they may have issued one, or if the person you hit made such a claim against you it could be looked into. You need not call the police unless the roads are blocked, anybody is hurt/refusing to give required information or any damage other than that to the cars has been sustained. That is a general rule.

However, you will have a own-fault accident against you for your insurance, assuming the other party is claiming against you.
And that could potentialy be very expensive for young drivers.
Né Stig
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by AT82)
Are you being sarcastic? My mate wrote too cars off and all he will get is 3 pointer if that.
Most definitely
pghstochaj
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
He's kidding! You don't get points for an accident unless it is shown that you acting illegally (etc.). Very unlikely in general accident like that, as it was an "accident" and not dangerous driving/DUI etc.
Ryan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Why would you get points lol
papz_007
Rep:
?
so fingers crossed and i should not be getting n e points!?

(the guy just rang and said the damamge is £21.19 + vat and i said ill pay all cost and pay for any petrol costs on top he seemed ok about it)
CurlyBen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
With the traffic light thing was the camera painted yellow? The ones on top of the lights are there to monitor traffic/number of cars waiting, not catch people jumping lights, and I think any camera that is being used to prosecute has to be painted yellow.
papz_007
Rep:
?
he cant remember off by heart he said maybe or maybe or maybe not ..he aint sure
Dickie
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by CurlyBen)
...I think any camera that is being used to prosecute has to be painted yellow.
Traffic light cameras are grey.

(http://www.speedcamerasuk.com/TrafficLight.htm)
gbduo
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
He will find out within 2 weeks!

Graham
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (158)
51.8%
No (147)
48.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed