The Student Room Group

Is it too late to change universities?

I feel like I've made the wrong decision in terms of which university to have gone to. Is it too late to transfer into another uni?
Reply 1
Original post by smoliver
I feel like I've made the wrong decision in terms of which university to have gone to. Is it too late to transfer into another uni?

I changed universities the week before I was due to go. Cutting to the chase I decided I didn't want to study in London, and be poor and miserable for four years. When I was applying for these unis it was so easy to be seduced by their marketing, cultural and superficial selling points. At the time I thought 'oooh London, it's the place to be for fashion... the grass is greener.' I had many sleepnesss nights and day mares over summer. The thought of moving to London was sending me on the verge of a nervous breakdown.

I am a Fashion Design and Marketing student, and luckily I had a few very good interviews back in February. I rang up one of the unis that initially accepted me, which happens to be Northumbria and they said even though the course was full they would accept me as I was a good student. It has turned out to be the best decision ever, I love it! Now I am here I realise it's not about the location or name, it's about the quality of the particular course, they all have similar industry connections and still all exhibit at Graduate Fashion week.

I never say never :smile:
Reply 2
What is it about your university that you are having doubts about? The place? The course?

Have you tried calling your insurance to see what they say about transferring?
Reply 3
When I was at uni, in 2008 I started at London met whilst not declining my place at Middlesex, for accounting and business economics. Two weeks into my course I swapped to middlesex so you can swap unis I think upto a certain date on Ucas, providing the unis dnt to far into the course etc
It really depends on the unis. I remember last year a friend switched from Lancaster to Huddersfield a few days into the first week of term (which for Huddersfield would've been the 2nd week of term, I think). I think they had places remaining so they let her on the course, and it wasn't too far into the term.
Reply 5
No, it's not too late if your grades are good but you need to be sure the uni you are switching to is right for you. Do some reseach this weekend.
Reply 6
Can you tell me what you don't like about Lancaster? My son is applying there now for next year so would be really useful to have some advice about it please? Thank you and good luck with whatever you decide to do

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending