Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I bought two belts yesterday from Select. They are really nice, but drive me crazy due to their shape. I can't find any photos on the net to help me explain what they look like, so i'll do my best. Basically, the material is plasticy and woven, which is a really popular belt appearance at the moment. As with most belts, they are straight (as if you took hold of one end and held in the air), so i find that when i put it on, there is a large gap between the top of the belt and my body. Do you know what i mean? Basically what i want to ask, is there any way to prevent this or any other suggestions as to what i can do?

Thankyou

ReputationRep:
    You mean its so wide that it doesn't sit completely flat on your body? It sorta tilts at an angle?

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried joining it/tying the knot/whatever at an angle to counteract it? Again, difficult to describe what I mean...

ReputationRep:
    Hehe damn, oh well lets start a new trend...

ReputationRep:
    yep thats exactly whats happened to me with a wide black PVC belt i bought off ebay!!! I tried to tie it up really tightly but the gaping hole is still there grrr...
    i guess its cos of the hard material, but maybe just pretending the gap isnt there lol?!

ReputationRep:
    i borrowed my sisters belt and it did that too, so i told her and she was like derr u have to turn it round so you do it up the other side like from the left instead of the right if you know what i mean and now it fits fine. try that?

ReputationRep:
    Guys, that generally means the belts are waist belts, are you sure they arent meant to be around your waist? I bought a black wide belt once and the same thing happened to me so I took it back to the shop, and then realised it was a waist belt and id bought it too big thinking it was meant to fit around my hips...:-)

ReputationRep:
    yeah thats what i thought that one i put on was, but seriously try turning it upside down and putting it on from the other side.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.