Annoying problem with this belt Watch

ixnayonthehombre
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I bought two belts yesterday from Select. They are really nice, but drive me crazy due to their shape. I can't find any photos on the net to help me explain what they look like, so i'll do my best. Basically, the material is plasticy and woven, which is a really popular belt appearance at the moment. As with most belts, they are straight (as if you took hold of one end and held in the air), so i find that when i put it on, there is a large gap between the top of the belt and my body. Do you know what i mean? Basically what i want to ask, is there any way to prevent this or any other suggestions as to what i can do?

Thankyou
black_mamba
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You mean its so wide that it doesn't sit completely flat on your body? It sorta tilts at an angle?
black_mamba
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Have you tried joining it/tying the knot/whatever at an angle to counteract it? Again, difficult to describe what I mean...
black_mamba
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Hehe damn, oh well lets start a new trend...
_poptart_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yep thats exactly whats happened to me with a wide black PVC belt i bought off ebay!!! I tried to tie it up really tightly but the gaping hole is still there grrr...
i guess its cos of the hard material, but maybe just pretending the gap isnt there lol?!
.x.g.x.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
i borrowed my sisters belt and it did that too, so i told her and she was like derr u have to turn it round so you do it up the other side like from the left instead of the right if you know what i mean and now it fits fine. try that?
so_this_is_sam
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Guys, that generally means the belts are waist belts, are you sure they arent meant to be around your waist? I bought a black wide belt once and the same thing happened to me so I took it back to the shop, and then realised it was a waist belt and id bought it too big thinking it was meant to fit around my hips...:-)
.x.g.x.
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yeah thats what i thought that one i put on was, but seriously try turning it upside down and putting it on from the other side.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (52)
35.14%
I really love the subject (41)
27.7%
I don't know what else to do (20)
13.51%
I can't get a job (8)
5.41%
My parents want me to (4)
2.7%