The Student Room Group

Everyone in school hates me. Literally.

Hello everyone. So recently (like after my 18th birthday), people in my school have been passing on messages on facebook about me. They have accused me of stealing from someone and lying, some of them even posted a status on facebook about me- without mentioning my name of course. It received 20+ likes and that gave me an idea of who were hating on me.

So like a year ago, my friends and I were bored and decided to create about 3 fake facebook accounts. They both left for uni already so it's just me who knows about it now, but they still use it. We did it for fun, we were mocking fake facebook accounts who were made by perverts (bear in mind these other fake facebook accounts actually add people from my school and creep). So I decided to use one of the fakes on my own profile- and someone noticed it and spread the word around school. Which, consequently made me look like a sad freak. (FML)
One status said "people who make fake fb accounts... Such freaks!!!" Bear in mind this is someone who has a position in my school. :frown: I'm not being paranoid btw, I know this is about me.

Then the other rumour, the "stealing" rumour said that I apparently used someone elses' visa card (an old student from our school who quit and moved to my town) online to get stuff I want. The rumour said it involved the police; I heard it and was like WTF? It probably got worse too because on my 18th birthday I got a limo and went to a 5-star restaurant and paid for everyone's meal - but all these were planned and paid by my own parents.
For additional info, well, I'm well known as a spoiled brat in my school; they ask if my bag is real and where I went for holiday but everytime I say the truth they would think it's actual bull**** - I DON'T BLOODY KNOW WHY.

I'm emotionally suffering atm and I have lost motivation to go to school. Even my so called "best friends" aren't talking to me. One sent me a text saying "Don't talk to me & ------ please, you've already ruined our reputation in school" and this is coming from a "bff" I've had for 4 years now!! WHATTT. However, I decided not to report this as cyberbullying or anything, as I'm moving to London soon (my mum got a job offer) and hoping to start fresh.

How do I handle myself at the minute though...
Thank you for reading the whole story if you did. :frown:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

you don't seem to have done anything paticularly wrong. True 'friends' stick be you (you've done nothing wrong for them not to).

A lot of these cowards will have regrets when they look back to be fair.

focus on your educaton, you are moving anway.

trust me. as hard as it is, we all have it easy. In many countries right now, there's wars, murder, killing.

jw...who did you invite for your bday? the same people who disturb you?
Reply 2
Original post by medicine gapper
jw...who did you invite for your bday? the same people who disturb you?

Only my "bffs". :frown:
I feel so alone right now with noone to talk to. Ugh!
No matter how much I defend myself, the majority always wins!! :frown:

Original post by Apple Jacks
Only my "bffs". :frown:
I feel so alone right now with noone to talk to. Ugh!
No matter how much I defend myself, the majority always wins!! :frown:

you've done nothing wrong, in my eyes. if you had i'd tell you.

what they are doing seems petty as hell. I mean how boring must your life be to be pre-occupied into making another persons uncomfortable.

some men aren't looking for anything logical. they can't be bought bullied or reasoned with. Some men just wana watch the world burn. this sums up bullies.

you said you're 18..year 13?

your account makes it seems you are in year 7, due to the pettiness of the bullies.

i'm still trying to think how a sixth-form group could be this pathetic towards you
Reply 4
Seems like you just have to ride it out until you move. Admittedly that will be pretty horrible, but I don't really see what you can do. They all seem to have made up their minds. Their reaction to what you've done is ridiculous though.
My advice is to look to the future and your new life. Good luck.

Reply 6
And you lot are 18?

Don't worry you'll be off to uni in a few months.
Reply 7
Original post by medicine gapper
you've done nothing wrong, in my eyes. if you had i'd tell you.

what they are doing seems petty as hell. I mean how boring must your life be to be pre-occupied into making another persons uncomfortable.

some men aren't looking for anything logical. they can't be bought bullied or reasoned with. Some men just wana watch the world burn. this sums up bullies.

you said you're 18..year 13?

your account makes it seems you are in year 7, due to the pettiness of the bullies.

i'm still trying to think how a sixth-form group could be this pathetic towards you

I go to an all-girls school though. The thing is I, apparently, look like I did steal stuff because I would always have expensive things - but LOLOL wtf I buy my own things and most of them are from my parents! Grr!

My whole year group hates me. I visited school 2 days ago and got the dirtiest looks from people. Some were laughing and some were exchanging looks. Bear in mind these girls have positions in school.

Just people being stupid, really

Rumours like that happen lol. They're just stupid and no-one really believes them. Usually, they just bring them up to get a reaction.

All the stuff on facebook seems a bit silly to me, honestly. I know it's upsetting you but, as I said before, it's just a bunch of people being stupid lol

All I can say is try not to think about it. They seem to just want to sort of tease/bully you and if you give the impression that you don't actually care, it won't be fun for them any more so they'll lose interest and stop. Besides, you really ought to focus on your study and moving and enjoy your time with the people you really like being around before you go. You'll probably not see the annoying ones again if you're moving, anyway. :tongue:
Reply 9
Original post by Cryogenic
Seems like you just have to ride it out until you move. Admittedly that will be pretty horrible, but I don't really see what you can do. They all seem to have made up their minds. Their reaction to what you've done is ridiculous though.

I know. Right now I feel like a loser walking away. I look like a coward. :frown:
I really am looking forward to moving away though!

Reply 10
Original post by TaylorGang_4
My advice is to look to the future and your new life. Good luck.

Thank you. I'm scared of the fact the police may actually beinvolved and I don't wanna go to jail all innocent. :/ Since the majority always wins they might convince the police that I actually did it. I'd hate to think that they (the police) would actually stop me from moving...

I honestly think Facebook is the cause of so many unnecessary problems!

I've been through what you're going through before - I moved to a new school where everyone was already in their little groups and I was completely isolated. Nobody talked to me, people ignored me when I spoke to them, moved furniture around the classroom so I couldn't sit next to them etc, when I was just a 14 year old girl looking for some friends!

It got so bad that I stopped going to school for quite a long period of time (without my mums knowledge) and I actually sunk into depression.

Eventually though, things always get better and after a while i did make some really good friends.

Girls can be really horrible to each other at times, but my only advice to you is to not let it affect your education, i ended up way off the gcse grades I wanted and ill always regret letting that bad period affect the rest of my life!

Hope things get better :smile:

Reply 12
Original post by TheOriginalAng
They seem to just want to sort of tease/bully you and if you give the impression that you don't actually care, it won't be fun for them any more so they'll lose interest and stop.

Thing is, I de-activated my facebook the day after... -_-

Reply 13
They sound jealous....
Reply 14
Original post by Icedancer95
I honestly think Facebook is the cause of so many unnecessary problems!

I've been through what you're going through before - I moved to a new school where everyone was already in their little groups and I was completely isolated. Nobody talked to me, people ignored me when I spoke to them, moved furniture around the classroom so I couldn't sit next to them etc, when I was just a 14 year old girl looking for some friends!

It got so bad that I stopped going to school for quite a long period of time (without my mums knowledge) and I actually sunk into depression.

Eventually though, things always get better and after a while i did make some really good friends.

Girls can be really horrible to each other at times, but my only advice to you is to not let it affect your education, i ended up way off the gcse grades I wanted and ill always regret letting that bad period affect the rest of my life!

Hope things get better :smile:

Thank you. :') Like, so much.
Yeah I went through that too when I was 15. I kept telling my parents I didn't have school so I wouldn't have to come in and get bullied... I thought it'd never happen again until this.
I always seem to be the prey though.

dont worry most people dont even know you exist. your being paranoid.
Thank you. :') Like, so much.
Yeah I went through that too when I was 15. I kept telling my parents I didn't have school so I wouldn't have to come in and get bullied... I thought it'd never happen again until this.
I always seem to be the prey though.

I completely understand what you mean, I always felt like I was the outcast, no matter how hard I tried all through my school life (up until around year 10) I was always the one who was randomly kicked out of the group for some unknown reason and made to feel unwanted, I always felt ridiculous when my mum called it bullying, but making someone feel upset and unwanted deliberately is bullying, but it's not your problem, it's theirs!

All you should think is that these people are 17/18 years old and are still behaving like 12 year olds, you should just pity them because when they get out into the real world, if they continue thinking they can treat people like dirt, they'll be the ones getting shunned!

Just ride it out until you move and feel sorry for the silly little girls who are so insecure they have to be nasty :smile:

Reply 17
Original post by consumed by stuff
dont worry most people dont even know you exist. your being paranoid.

...Thanks. Well, okay. The whole year group knows about everything.

...Thanks. Well, okay. The whole year group knows about everything.

you only have one choice. hit the hardest girl in yor year with a blunt object until she is knocked out or atleast damn fugly.

the little people will carry you on your shoulders and call you dorothy.

you only have one choice. hit the hardest girl in yor year with a blunt object until she is knocked out or atleast damn fugly.

the little people will carry you on your shoulders and call you dorothy.

you will be a hero.
Thing is, I de-activated my facebook the day after... -_-

Just brush it off as much as possible and they'll soon stop. The more it aggravates you, the more fun they take from it so basically; as soon as it seems you've stopped caring they'll probably stop, even if you obviously did care before.

Quick Reply

Latest