Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Heya guys. This is for people intending to come in like sept 06, but not exclusively....because that would be mean. But yeah, just trying to get to know people.

I probably should introduce myself lol

Im Naomi, 18, intending to study Photography/Photography in Europe BA. Ill be in city campus and hopefully staying at the glasshouse.

Im from Stockton-on-tees (which is next to middlesbrough for anyone who doesnt know....and thats relatively near newcastle if your not great at geography) So up north basically, but im not really a northerner, Im a londoner at heart, tho technically from Hemel Hempstead lol (the place with the oil depot that blew up in November haha).

Interests......film, huge film buff, own like 250+ dvds because i love them that much....but I wont be bringing all those to uni lol. erm, also love theatre and acting. Music, mainly metal and goth, but looking through my music collection I have pretty much anything and everything, from country, classical, dance, acid house, industrial, world, cheesy pop.....just everything lol. I like what I like is my general attitude. Clearly photography is one of my interests lol, and art as a general. errrrrrrrmmmmm im trying to think. I dunno. bit lost on what to say now!

What about you guys?! :p:

ReputationRep:
    might as well introduce my self then:

I'm Omar, 18 years old and going to be studying computer science at clifton campus.
    I'm From *cough* Bradford which is near leeds.

I love my footy both playing and watchin i play semi pro footy at the moment, and going to probably be playing for the uni team aswell. I support the one and only BRADFORD CITY FC lol. I also love my music which is mainly rock and indie with my best band being OASIS. I'm going to leeds festival this year if anyone else is let me know lol. if not see you all in september :-D

ReputationRep:
    Hey People!
    Im 'hopefully' going to be studying at Nottingham Trent, doing Architectural Technology. (At City Campus)
    My name is Chris
    Im 18, from Stoke-on-Trent (Staffordshire), which isn't far from Nottingham really.
    Im very into music, and love going to watch bands. (Recent shows ive been are Sigur Ros, The Subways and Fear Factory)
    I mainly like metal (all kinds, from heavy to industrial, power to 'nu' :P)
    Also like Rock (I'm going to Leeds Festival in August)

And like certain types of Techno/Electronic.
    I'm hopefully going to be bringing my bass and 300w amp (if the residence lets me)..
    Erm..hmmm.
    Anyone that wants to chat, email is [email protected]
    See you in Nottingham in October!! (Not september :P..Uni starts 2nd week of October i do believe.)

ReputationRep:
    aah awesome. i thought it was in october but wasnt sure.

but i take it i'll be seeing you in rock city then?

oh yes and anyone up for a chat my email [email protected] (and yes it does work on msn)

ReputationRep:
    nice 1 chris, ill probably see you at leeds fest its going to be awesome. if you need any help tryin to smuggle your bass and 300w amp in to the halls jus let me know, i'll give you a hand lol. ive added ya to msn so hopfully chat to you soon on there.

ReputationRep:
    Ok cool guys/gals, ive accepted your add :-) and i've added you to Naomi.
    I'l deffiently be in Rock City most nights i prosume. Haha. All good fun.

Speak later!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, have accepted trent as my first now, so unless i do really badly at exams, i'll see you all there in october.
    my name's vicky in case it wasn't too obvious, i'm 17 and currently living in vienna, austria(had to add that as some people seem to think it's in italy)
    will be doing interior architecture and design on the city campus.
    i'm into a bunch of suff - cannot live without my music. like just about anything, huge fan of incubus. also into d&b and house- depending on wot mood i'm in i may even tollerate hiphop, but it doesn't happen often.
    V. jealous of you lot being able to go to leeds festival - totally bummed i'll be missing the nova rock festival again(exams last year), really good bands going again this year- seeing the positive side:will be on grad trip in Rhodes!!
    look forward to seein you all in notts

ReputationRep:
    Hey vicky. may well see you around as I believe we will be in the same dept/building. Bonnington? Tho i will prob be in the digital suite and basement studios most of the time lol. ah well.

ReputationRep:
    Im coming to NTU next year to study Accounting and finance Staying at Victoria halls.

Hope to see you all next year

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm Ben aged 17 from Northampton.

I'm coming the 70 or so miles up the M1 to NTU to study Business. I hope to be staying at Gill Street Residences.

My main interest is Football, which takes up a lot of my life, whether it is playing or watching. After that, I love having a beer with my mates.

ReputationRep:
    cool well if things go well for the cobblers you might be playin notts forest next season, also my team bradford city, we are going to have to give you a good beating lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imoan)
    Hey vicky. may well see you around as I believe we will be in the same dept/building. Bonnington? Tho i will prob be in the digital suite and basement studios most of the time lol. ah well.
    hmm, think i may be in waverly part of the time, if not most. i'm sure we'll bump into each other at some point though.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I like the look of this forum, im Cal going to be stayin in Gill street too this year im 19 and from east sussex, Similar to Ben i think, love playing football at a high level and also love watching football, my first love. And too be quite honest i love a couple of beers with my mates too. Hope to see you all there and chat some more before hand.
    Also really into my music, actually coming up to nottinhang next month to see a bloke called jason mraz at rock city, love goin to concerts. Cal

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah for all u football fans. ull never guess who i stumbled into yesterday....sven goran lol at the station in darlington, he was heading to london. very random lol. think he had been at the boro match.

oh yeah im now firm as coming to nottingham. officially. just trying to sort out accom now. as i went to visit glasshouse yesterday and they say i cant book there until i definately have the grades to come. grrrr!

ReputationRep:
    I've also accepted my offer too :p:
    Nottingham Trent is now my firm choice, Derby being my insurance.

Can't wait.
    Just need to sort out fees and accommodation, oh the joy.:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hi callummw which team do you play for and at what level? who do u support as well?

i play for bradford park avenue and halifax town also support bradford city

ReputationRep:
    hey, jus call me Cal, callummw is just my name and initials. Im a huge liverpool fan im afraid, although im still distraught about hearing rooney is in serious doubt for the world cup.
    I play for a County league div 1 team have also been on charltons books when i was younger but had the whole studying thing first. What are you looking to do at uni and where are you gona be staying? Cal

ReputationRep:
    ok im called omar im going to be studying computer science and staying on clifton campus, so are you going to be playing in the unis footy team then

ReputationRep:
    Oh right excellent, yeh il be getting involved with the uni teams. Clifton, is that just outside the city centre? So not too far away from where iam then, hope there are a few footy fans knocking about.

ReputationRep:
    yea its about 3/4 miles out of the city at clifton is where all the footy teams play and train so will be handy. Ye would b good to get a few of us together to watch some premiership games in the pubs or bars, and when bradford plays forrest go n watch city win lol, so wot position do u play?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 5, 2006
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.