TheOxe
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Just need some quick advice here. I have Sheffield down as my firm choice for Computer Science 2006 entry, but I still have doubts about whether I picked the right course. Is it easy to switch courses without wasting a year reapplying? Probabaly to engineering or physics. I have an open day to attend in a couple of weeks time if that helps...

Thank you.
LostRiot
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I imagine it would be relitively easy as all engineering courses are undersubscribed, but it's not something alot of people do. Ask at the openday but I think you can change quite easily within the first 3 weeks of a course, you just need to make sure that there will be places. I changed at the end of my first year, but I had todo the year again, but it was pretty painless.
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
People do change, and it is best to do so very quickly if your sure the thing your on isnt right for you. Speak to your personal tutor when you start if this is the case.
litispendence
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You can change, but you have to do it fairly early on so you don't get too behind.
Guitarmarama
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
it's relatively easy, but it does depend on the popularity of the course. It's worth ringing up and "enquiring"
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

- Have you considered distance learning for any of your qualifications?

Yes! I'm on a distance learning course right now (9)
7.96%
Yes, I've thought about it but haven't signed up yet (12)
10.62%
No, but maybe I will look into it (28)
24.78%
No and I wouldn't consider it (64)
56.64%

Watched Threads