Sophie01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Ok... so I got a laptop for my 18th (the end of december) and paid £179 for the coverplan. It's a PACKARD BELL R1004 Laptop.

I know it's not an amazing one and I didn't expect it to be for the price- I only really need it for school work so it doesn't really matter.

BUT When i tried to install iTunes, it installed but then the CD drive stopped working and just didn't ever recognise there was a CD in. So I did a system restore to before i installed iTunes and it all went back to normal but I was too scared to try to reinstall it so i didn't. So anyway then the other day I tried to install a game and the same thing happened and it started being really slow and some things just wouldn't work. So I did a syatem restore again and everything was fine.

So anyway, my question is: Is my laptop broken or is it just the model isn't good enough to put extra things on?

Thanks for any help!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Argh these cover plans, in most cases they are not worth the paper they are written on. What you desribe is a software problem and won't be covered by your warranty.

You might have some virus or spyware. Have you tried a music CD to test it?

Your laptop will be able to run most applications, it is only the latest games you will have problems with.
Sophie01
Rep:
?
(Original post by AT82)
Have you tried a music CD to test it?

Your laptop will be able to run most applications, it is only the latest games you will have problems with.
Yeah it plays music CDs fine until I try after I've installed anything.Then when i put a music CD in it just makes a bit of a noise like it's spinning and then stops and says insert disk...

Oh and the game isn't a particularly new one, it's one I've had on my PC for a while...
Kingspharm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would take it back to PC World (or wherever you got it from) - take the software and the receipt/documentation for the coverplan. Stamp your feet and get them to sort it out.
Sophie01
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kingspharm)
I would take it back to PC World (or wherever you got it from) - take the software and the receipt/documentation for the coverplan. Stamp your feet and get them to sort it out.

Ok sounds like a plan!
Kingspharm
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (51)
35.17%
I really love the subject (40)
27.59%
I don't know what else to do (20)
13.79%
I can't get a job (8)
5.52%
My parents want me to (3)
2.07%