tech0321
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hey i've been on a BTEC Diploma (software development) for my first year of college but I find the course boring and un challenging and to be honest there are mixed reviews as to higher education prospects for the course. For example college says you can do whatever you want if you have the right grades where as people say thats not the case.

I've been thinking about scrapping the course and starting afresh at a new college doing A levels instead.

My question is does anyone have any experience with doing this or know anyone who's done it? and do you think it's a better idea?

Thanks
blondie_
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I think it would be a good idea if you find the course unchallenging and unsure whether it will get you in to uni. if you defo want to go uni and are not sure what to do do your a levels.
*Princess*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
if u have good gcse's i.e. 5 C's including english and maths then a levels will probably be more useful especially if u r motivated
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Course Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 2 Feb '20
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 5 February 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Feb '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (51)
35.42%
I really love the subject (39)
27.08%
I don't know what else to do (20)
13.89%
I can't get a job (8)
5.56%
My parents want me to (3)
2.08%