Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey i've been on a BTEC Diploma (software development) for my first year of college but I find the course boring and un challenging and to be honest there are mixed reviews as to higher education prospects for the course. For example college says you can do whatever you want if you have the right grades where as people say thats not the case.

I've been thinking about scrapping the course and starting afresh at a new college doing A levels instead.

My question is does anyone have any experience with doing this or know anyone who's done it? and do you think it's a better idea?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I think it would be a good idea if you find the course unchallenging and unsure whether it will get you in to uni. if you defo want to go uni and are not sure what to do do your a levels.

ReputationRep:
    if u have good gcse's i.e. 5 C's including english and maths then a levels will probably be more useful especially if u r motivated

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.