Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I need to purchase a new wireless mouse, I've had a look at a few from Microsoft and ruled them out due to the extremely large size of the receiver. The Logitech alternatives seem to have really small receivers and are similarly priced - I just don't know which one to go for...

MX610: http://play.com/play247.asp?pa=searc...&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

MX1000: http://play.com/play247.asp?page=tit...21&g=409&pa=sr

Any opinions would be great...

ReputationRep:
    I use an MX1000 laser thingy and wouldn't look back really, although i have never used a 610. Is it for gaming?

ReputationRep:
    probably not the best way to decide, but MX1000 sounds cooler and looks way cooler. If you're impressed by such things of course (I am!) :p:

ReputationRep:
    I don't really want it for gaming, it just has to work and not **** up on me. Looking cool could tip the balance...I'm leaning toward the MX1000 at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    mx1000, because its simply a great mouse, whether or not its used for gaming.

ReputationRep:
    I'll order a Logitech MX1000 tomorrow morning then, it's settled!

The deciding factors were that the MX610 does some unecessary crap like light up when you get an email...[who the hell would want that?] and that the MX1000 has a recharging stand, so no more batteries.

ReputationRep:
    Noooo...get a Logitech G7! Only a few quid more, twice as accurate, lighter...better in every way as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatal...aKB_2d070_2dLG

And it comes with two swappable batteries which charge in the receiver when not in use - so when one runs out you just switch and you're NEVER out of power.

ReputationRep:
    But the G7 looks and feels just like my current MX510...not cool!!!

ReputationRep:
    I have an MX5000 and it is NICE. Is the MX1000 optical or laser?

ReputationRep:
    mx5000 is just an mx1000 but bluetooth.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 13, 2006
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.