Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do people think of this show?

Personally, I think it is okay though England never wins. The song this year for our country is bloody terrible.

This is a mix of TV and music so just put it in general section.

ReputationRep:
    When is it on? I don't really care who wins. I just watch it to see the nice foreign ladies.

ReputationRep:
    I think us Brits just see it as a bit of tacky, tongue-in-cheek fun whereas it's taken way more seriously abroad. I just watch it cos it's sort of tradition! We usually have 'Eurovision' get togethers

ReputationRep:
    I think that our song is so AWFUL this year, we might actually have a chance of winning.

Well, not winning, obviously, what with the political voting. But doing slightly better than usual. All the really tacky songs seem to do the best at Eurovision.

ReputationRep:
    aah, Eurovision. I love it. I fall into that minority in the Uk that realy think it's a great musical event - it's a pity we don't take it very seriously.

after seeing all the videos for this year here, I think the winner will be one of:

Sweden
    Greece
    Romania
    Belgium
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Croatia
    Norway

with honourable mention to Iceland, Finland, the UK, and Slovenia for bringing us the campest dancing ever seen.

ReputationRep:
    Oh god... not again!

It seems to come around sooo quickly, luckily I missed last years because I was round a friends' house, but I being made to sit through it in whatever year it was that we came last

The semi final's on the 18th May, and the final on 20th May...

after seeing all the videos for this year here, I think the winner will be one of:
    Please don't tell me you sat and watched all those!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    What do people think of this show?
    The song this year for our country is bloody terrible.
    Just like every year then . I think the point of the contest is not to have good singers in it though, its more for entertainment.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hello_miffy)
    Please don't tell me you sat and watched all those!
    Ok, I won't tell you that I did. I'll leave it to your own imagination. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GerardT)
    Ok, I won't tell you that I did. I'll leave it to your own imagination. :p:
    My imagination tells me you got those tips off somebody else and are passing them off as your own ideas. My alternative silly and unlikely idea is that you watched them all yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YYYY)
    My imagination tells me you got those tips off somebody else and are passing them off as your own ideas. My alternative silly and unlikely idea is that you watched them all yourself.
    So if I told you I was a borderline fanatic and did this every year you wouldn't believe me? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    So if I told you I was a borderline fanatic and did this every year you wouldn't believe me? :cool:
    If you are, it is nothing to be proud of

ReputationRep:
    If you are, it is nothing to be proud of
    Don't worry, I'm moving to Lithuania to be with people of my own kind

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I'm moving to Lithuania to be with people of my own kind
    Oh god, Lithuania of all places! :afraid:

Seriously though, seeing Eurovision makes me realize just why some people are opposed to us being in the EU - it's just painful, horrible...

But I'll probably watch it anyway :p:

ReputationRep:
    my opinion is that it is old

ReputationRep:
    aah, Eurovision. I love it. I fall into that minority in the Uk that realy think it's a great musical event - it's a pity we don't take it very seriously.

Sweden
    Greece
    Romania
    Belgium
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Croatia
    Norway

with honourable mention to Iceland, Finland, the UK, and Slovenia for bringing us the campest dancing ever seen.
    :rofl:
    Lordi are in for Finland...
    i wonder if they'll wear their costumes on stage...

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, Lithuania of all places! :afraid:

Seriously though, seeing Eurovision makes me realize just why some people are opposed to us being in the EU - it's just painful, horrible...

But I'll probably watch it anyway :p:
    haha. Car crash TV at its finest eh? Still, 400million viewers can't be wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by heminder)
    :rofl:
    Lordi are in for Finland...
    i wonder if they'll wear their costumes on stage...
    apparently they will

ReputationRep:
    Is it time for Eurovision already?!

ReputationRep:
    Terry Wogan's sarky comments makes it bearable and v funny!

ReputationRep:
    its awful - why dont they put good things on it? rather than pervy men dancing with school kids?? or is that a different show?? err

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.