The Student Room Group
University of York
York
You don't get to choose what college you're put in, although you can ask. They may or may not pay attention to you. Basically..

Alcuin - very nice accommodation, not as far away from the centre of campus as people will have you believe, perhaps not quite so 'social' though. Gash bar, badly designed, no one goes there.

Derwent - not that great accommodation, but not too bad really, people seem to enjoy it there.. actually a bit further away from the centre of campus as you might think. Busy bar, although looks like / is a school lunch hall.

Goodricke - apparently the worst accommodation on campus, but actually isn't that bad at all to be honest. Decent-ish bar, pretty central as well.

Halifax - bit of a walk from the centre of campus, that would be my main concern personally. Some people say it's sh*te, some say it's great. Only gone to the bar once, can't remember it in the slightest.

Langwith - dunno, similar to Derwent. Been into their bar once in two terms, in fact just to collect a few people rather than having a drink. Someone else will be able to say more about it.

Vanbrugh - rooms aren't that great really, not bad though. Very central, I'd say probably the best bar on campus, small in numbers though.

Oh yeah, the main thing to remember is that where you get put probably isn't as big a deal as you might think. You can have a decent time anywhere, and you can have a sh*te time anywhere. Being in a 'good' college is no guarantee of fun, in the same way that being in a 'sh*te' college is no guarantee of not having fun. Any other questions?
University of York
York
Reply 2
You forgot James! I think it can be categorised as same as Alcuin but with no bar at all and also with a central location and very close to Goodricke bar.
Oh yeah, I knew I'd forgotten one.

NAW OFFENCE. HA.
alastair
You forgot James! I think it can be categorised as same as Alcuin but with no bar at all and also with a central location and very close to Goodricke bar.

Easy to forget isn't it, as unless you live there, there is probably no real reason for most people to even venture there...
Reply 5
Thanks for the info

Do you know which accommodation is nearest the english department? Wots the best part of goin to uni in York?
Langwith is the English side of things i do believe.

What's the best part?! Snorting coke if that's what you're into. Or reading poetry in the quiet place.

It really depends what YOU like.
Snorting coke in the quiet place.

Latest

Trending

Trending