Turn on thread page Beta

What's your first memory? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    what's the earliest thing you can remember?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Digger)
    throwing a tantrum at four years old in my new purple dress at a family photo shoot. If you look at the photos now you shall see a little girl glaring madly with tears running down her face. I spoilt the portrait.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waiting2smile)
    throwing a tantrum at four years old in my new purple dress at a family photo shoot. If you look at the photos now you shall see a little girl glaring madly with tears running down her face. I spoilt the portrait.
    Going for a walk in the woods with my dad. Everything was covered in snow. When we got to the woods, my dad hung the tricycle I was riding up in a tree until we got back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    Going for a walk in the woods with my dad. Everything was covered in snow. When we got to the woods, my dad hung the tricycle I was riding up in a tree until we got back.
    I read the first line of that and thought 'wow this is going to be a very dodgy story'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    I read the first line of that and thought 'wow this is going to be a very dodgy story'
    I'm sitting here smiling to myself, wanting to hit you so hard for being so cynical!

ReputationRep:
    walking from my room to my kitchen at a year and a half.....changing, and feeling shy and scared to go into the kitchen because my dad was in there......he was a geophysicist on a rig (offshore) at the time, and only home about every other weekend, i didnt know evactly who he was....

just that you had to tiptoe around him and be quiet.

ReputationRep:
    Does your dad often hang things in trees? Does he do the same with his bike (ie. get to the shops and find a tree to hang it in)? Or hide his car in a bush whenever he wants to park?

ReputationRep:
    sadly, i can't remember! why can't we remember being babies anyway??? i've always wondered about that..

ReputationRep:
    why can't we remember being babies anyway??? i've always wondered about that..
    God your sick! It's because we wouldn't want to remember being born and being breast fed. Euuurgh!

ReputationRep:
    getting into my pram at 2 and going out to find it snowing like hell

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Being in the back of an ambulance on the way to hospital being comforted by my mother.
    did you bang your head?

thats the reason i always went to hospital

ReputationRep:
    mmm well.... i dont no whihc is 1st but i clearly remember these 2

i remember sittin outside in my push chair and seeing a house shaped balloon fly over int he distance. i thoguht it was a real hosue and cried and cried and wudnt settle for the whole day! (this was mornin(!)) i thoguht a family was in it and i thought they wud die.

the other one is sittin in the pushcahit again with a rain cap thing over it and a wasp comin in thru a hole in it and stung mr. silly wasp!

ReputationRep:
    i remember being in a school play in year 4. i have a terrible memory

ReputationRep:
    A wasp flew in my mouth when I was riding a bike. It stung my tongue.
    HAHAHA! sorry but thats jus... funny!

aww im sorry, did it hurt?

ReputationRep:
    i can remember running across my grandparents front room towards my granddad but i cannot remember how old i was, very young tho.

other than that i can remember my first day at school and a bit of nursery

ReputationRep:
    Yes actually! My tongue swelled up and stung like billy-o.
    teeheehee cud u talk?!?!

ReputationRep:
    With difficulty. Its still debatable whether I can talk properly now
    lol!!! i get that looked well funny tho!!!

ReputationRep:
    thats not fair! iv just been given bad rep saying "racist *****" and i aint even done anythin?!?!?!! apart fromt he fact i am NOT racist!! god...

ReputationRep:
    My earliest memory is me lying in my cot when I used to live in London. I was trying to scream (in my dream) but no one came and I kept screaming and screaming but still no one came. I remember sighing deeply, giving up, feeling at despair and presumably the dream stopped there. I think I woke up crying hysterically.

I also remember my mum pinching me really hard in the palm of my hand for dropping my baby sister on the floor when she was tiny. Up till about 3 years ago I still had the mark, but it's gradually disappeared now.

ReputationRep:
    If its for what I think its probably because they misunderstood you. I don't think you are.
    wot is it u think?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.