Turn on thread page Beta

I'm so sorry but please can someone help me!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    well on windows XP when you log on, you know you an have multiple accounts? well on my mum's when you turn on the computer it says ...certain amount of new email messages. yeah? well me and my friends all went on msnn their MSN addresses come up when you click on the 'certain amoutn fo messages', and i NEED to get that off, i wasn't meant to have friends over!! thank you!! xx

ReputationRep:
    umm if you mean the drop down menu in msn then you might wanna try uninstalling msn completely then reinstalling it.

ReputationRep:
    Try this, log into your mums windows account first. Then log into MSN messenger using an account which has zero new messages. This theoretically should remove the number of messages thing in the log on screen.

ReputationRep:
    Right you can do this through the registry. WARNING: Backup the registry before editing it and then proceed at your own risk!!

Start / Run / Regedit
    In HKEY_CURRENT_USER go into SOFTWARE then MICROSOFT then WINDOWS then CURRENT VERSION then UNREAD MAIL then find the accounts you no longer want to show and change then change the MessageCount value to 0 then they should no longer be displayed.

Hope that works. Im sure you could probably delete them but cant remember what this does. And please, please back up the registry before hand!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.