Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Whos staying up for the qualifying then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    Whos staying up for the qualifying then?
    When does it start on ITV?

ReputationRep:
    15 minutes I think.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imasillynarb)
    15 minutes I think.
    I may well! I'm up now, and I'm not tired... so why not.

ReputationRep:
    as if the race isn't boring enough....

ReputationRep:
    Dont even start with that **** yo, go back to watching people kick a ball round a field.

ReputationRep:
    at least thats something to do with individual and team skill. I don't see why they just don't automate all of F1 and see which car goes round fastest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanMushMan)
    at least thats something to do with individual and team skill. I don't see why they just don't automate all of F1 and see which car goes round fastest.
    I believe they had the first all robot football match in Japan recently... what's your point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tednol)
    I believe they had the first all robot football match in Japan recently... what's your point?
    a robot football game? how dumb!

ReputationRep:
    its boring, the last 2 seaons have been. I used to watch it before when the championships used to be interesting. Now Ferrari and Shu are so far ahead its boring. The skill level each driver needs has diminshed, there are too many onboard automated systems, its becoming a less human sport. Is it really even a spectator sport?

ReputationRep:
    The last 2 seasons have been alot more exciting than the previous seasons - where in some races there were as little as 2 overtaking manouvers for position. Granted, when ferrari won 15/17 races it wasnt exactly great, but theyre improving the spectacle all the time.
    As for automated systems and what not - launch control and automatic gears have now been removed, leaving traction control and power steering as the only driver aids left. And if formula 1 drivers dont need skill, why is it some people win races/championships and not others? Dont say its because of the best car because anyone who knows anything about the sport knows that wouldnt be true.

ReputationRep:
    Idiot! There is an enormous amount of skill required to be a F1 driver, your driving on the limit for over an hour! They need the reflexes/reactions of a fighter pilot. Not to mention the physical side of it, any normal being like you or me would be nackered after a few laps. They practicaly know there way round the circuits with there eyes closed - u may have noticed there's no windscreen wipers. Not to mention the fact there the best racing drivers in the world!!

So before you go spouting **** learn the facts!

ReputationRep:
    ferrari 1,2. not what i wanted

button 4th- good result

coulthard 12th - (too old!)

ReputationRep:
    Last season was a bit more interesting with all the rule changes and stuff, but I still preffered it when there was real class, Senna, Hill, even Schumacher, and loads others. Schumacher and Montoya are the clearly better than the rest, but the ferrari is too good now and F1 had lost its charm. I think as soon as Schumacher goes, and Coulthard actually drives like he used to it will be even better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

button 4th- good result

yeah alonso 5th which is good,

K Raikkonen 10th! grrr :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Murray: And look at the flames coming from the back of Berger's McLaren
    James: Actually, Murray, they're not flames, it's the safety light.

lol

i didn't see the qualifying but a ferrari 1 2 is quite ominous for the season :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ollie)

button 4th- good result

Yabadabadooo!
    My ferrari 1 and 2. My Button 4th
    Trulli 9th-not so brill
    And nothing said about minardi.

ReputationRep:
    I watched the qualifying live, it's hard to say where BAR is performance wise but i was still quite impressed even if they are 3 stopping, obviously we'll find it out tomorrow morning. I wasn't impressed with Mclaren either - even if they are carrying a lot of fuel their performance was poor. I'm disappointed that they didn't get rid of traction control - i don't know why it's still there; it completely ruins it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I watched the qualifying live, it's hard to say where BAR is performance wise but i was still quite impressed even if they are 3 stopping, obviously we'll find it out tomorrow morning. I'm disappointed that they didn't get rid of traction control - i don't know why it's still there; it completely ruins it.
    Wasn't that the problem which caused them to retire half the time? And what prevented Jenson Button from coming 3rd that time?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Wasn't that the problem which caused them to retire half the time? And what prevented Jenson Button from coming 3rd that time?
    Are you talking about traction control? he Honda engines last season were very strong ansd it was usually the chassis that let the team down.

Juan Pablo Montoya prevented Button coming 3rd if that's what you're talking about.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.