The Student Room Group

The Boots Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Yeah. I never know what to put for some of them though!
Reply 21
Aww I handed my notice into Boots this week....am moving away for uni after working with Boots for just over 2 years in one of the flagship stores.

2008 store of the year as well lol
I've been 'shortlisted' for a job at Boots. What happens now?
Ooh, I applied online today. Does anyone who's applied or got a job there know what the interview will be like (if I get one)?
I got a Christmas contract last year, still working there now.

For my interview, one of the trainee managers had a chat with me about my application (my references, other work experience), then she gave me a scenario card and I had 10 minutes to go find the right product. My scenario was a woman who wanted to buy a present for her friend's hen weekend, I picked out some gift sets from the Sanctuary range. I then had to explain why I picked that stuff, then I got a list of tasks and had 20 minutes to complete as many as possible (things like finding out the store's Christmas opening hours, counting the number of people on tills, finding the cheapest non-Boots toothpaste). We then went back upstairs and talked about hours and contracts, holiday, pay, etc. I got a call that night saying they wanted to offer me a job :biggrin:
Reply 25
im mine interview last week,
i had to hand out baskets at the door, offer out advantage cards, pack items on the till, then had to find the cheapest paracetamol in the store and tell her how much they are (16p), and then she took me to an isle and asked me what i would do if i had 15 mins to tidy the isle.
just remember to smile!! (M&S didnt give me a job once cause i didnt smile enough)
and if your on the tills remember to ask if they want a bag :biggrin: and just smile, and be honest :biggrin:
good luck, ah i got the job btw, i have my induction tomorrow :smile:
Reply 26
soph239
im mine interview last week,
i had to hand out baskets at the door, offer out advantage cards, pack items on the till, then had to find the cheapest paracetamol in the store and tell her how much they are (16p), and then she took me to an isle and asked me what i would do if i had 15 mins to tidy the isle.
just remember to smile!! (M&S didnt give me a job once cause i didnt smile enough)
and if your on the tills remember to ask if they want a bag :biggrin: and just smile, and be honest :biggrin:
good luck, ah i got the job btw, i have my induction tomorrow :smile:

I had an interview on thursday but I missed the question on finding the cheapest paracetamol. I saw the one of 35p....lol. After the interview, I realized there was one for 16p.
Do you think I have chances of passing the interview? How long did it take them to get to you?
Reply 27
interview was on the wednesday, she rung me on the Saturday, after telling me she'd call me on the thurs/fri :smile:
6.17 an hour, but im only doin sundays so... £9.25 an hour hehe! :biggrin:
i hope i get put in a good department :smile:
Reply 28
Thats great....:smile:
I hope I get the job & sundays too....lol
OK, after hearing about everyone's interviews if I get one I might go round the shop a few days before it and familiarise myself with whereabouts everything is (especially the cheapest paracetemol).
Reply 30
apart from applying online did anyone fill an application on paper?
Reply 31
I have completed the application online and ticked YES when it asked if I already worked for Boots but I only did for work expereince. Should I off ticked NO instead or is it ok what i've done?
I got a phone call on Thursday from a guy at Boots and he told me I was shortlisted. Did anyone else get a call like this? And how long after this call do you get told about an interview? I hear they text you about the interview.
Reply 33
The interviews must vary from store to store it seems. One thing about christmas temps is that the closer you get to xmas as in, if you have an interview from the last week of september onwards is that the interview will be very much focued on scenarios about choosing gifts for certain people etc. This is due to store remerchandisin for Xmas beginning in like 2 weeks aah!

Xmas comes so damn early nows is somewhat depressing.

On another note have heard they have been some problems with the online applications, as in it can be very tempermental.
Reply 34
You know if you picked to be contacted by text? What number would it be and would it be a standard sms? It's just yesturday I got a text which I had to download and my phone wouldn't so I deleted it. :s-smilie:
do u need to print of an aplication form from the website?
if so whereeee
Anna_The_Giant_Banana
do u need to print of an aplication form from the website?
if so whereeee

No, you actually apply online. On the website, click on 'job search' at the top, then choose the options you want and you can search for vacancies in your area. If there are any you can apply by giving your details and filling in a questionnaire online. Good luck :smile:
Reply 37
soph239
interview was on the wednesday, she rung me on the Saturday, after telling me she'd call me on the thurs/fri :smile:
6.17 an hour, but im only doin sundays so... £9.25 an hour hehe! :biggrin:
i hope i get put in a good department :smile:

Woah I just applied now online and I wasn't aware that the pay was that much!! My last job was £5.60 and I was expecting something around that!! The interview sounds a bit scary ahh I hate them! :eek:
Reply 38
£6.17 an hour....I would question that. I have worked with boots for more than 2 years and obviously with loyalty the wages go up a little bit...yet i get £5.98 an hour.

£6.17 would only be the case if you were for example a certain level of healthcare assistant in some stores, or if you're older than like 22 perhaps.

Or maybe I'm too suspiscious lol
Reply 39
Jason1990
£6.17 an hour....I would question that. I have worked with boots for more than 2 years and obviously with loyalty the wages go up a little bit...yet i get £5.98 an hour.

£6.17 would only be the case if you were for example a certain level of healthcare assistant in some stores, or if you're older than like 22 perhaps.

Or maybe I'm too suspiscious lol

Oooh I gather it will be different pay in different locations maybe? What did you start on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending