Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What's your fav perfume and how did you pick it? watch

ReputationRep:
    I was going through Duty Free yesterday and naturally availing of the numerous perfume samples they throw at you I don't really have a favourite perfume or one that I wear all the time (though I'm working my way through a HUGE bottle of Gucci Envy right now and I've gone off it) and I quite fancy this one I tried out yesterday by Dior.

Anyway I was wondering what everyone elses "signature scent" is (if you have one!) and how you ended up picking it....I buy ones that smell nice in the shop and then get them home and think *eugh*.

ReputationRep:
    I mostly wear Ralph Lauren 'Ralph', Tommy Hilfiger True Star or Davidoff Coolwater.

I pick fragrances that are light and pretty and fresh and just discovered those as my favourites from lots of browsing and testing :p:

ReputationRep:
    my "signature" scent is of course Lacoste's touch of pink ^_^

ReputationRep:
    I'm wearing DKNY at the moment... I wanted the new apple-scented one but got nervous and went for the original. Silly me.

My favourite is Dolce and Gabbanna 'Light Blue' which I'm going to buy again when I get paid. Basically, I asked for somethign fresh, light and citrus. It makes me feel great when I wear it.

ReputationRep:
    Pure poison, Dior; Touch of pink, Lacoste; Armarni (the one in the white bottle, dont know what its called!) These are my fav three, chosen after hours in boots, Im soooo indecisive!! Always nice when you get a compliment on how good you smell!!

ReputationRep:
    At the moment, it's Ralph Lauren's Romance. I usually buy whatever smells good to me at that moment. No special method of choosing really.

ReputationRep:
    Body Shop's Pink Pepper EDP! It's gorgeously spicy. Was £20, but I found it a month or so after I fell in love with it for 5Euro in a Body Shop in a Berlin train station! I guess it didn't sell very well. A month after I got back home it was selling for £3.75 here.

downside is that I won't get it again

ReputationRep:
    Spent a couple of Sundays working behind the perfume counter in Boots, and while it was quiet I got to try loads of perfumes out! - my favourites were Touch of Pink, and Sui Dreams (really cute bottle!). Though it's So...Wild at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    I love classic, floral perfumes and the most beautiful ones that I have found are Agent Provocateur (it just smells sexy!) and Sarah Jessica Parker's 'Lovely'. I heard that Stella McCartney's 'Stella' is gorgeous but haven't tried it myself. Anyone use it? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    jlo-miami. girl walked past me in the hairdressers and i asked it. its sooo nice, like your on holiday :p:

ReputationRep:
    DKNY. My friend was wearing it and it smelt gorgeous. So my boyfriend bought me a bottle from duty free for Christmas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mata)
    My favourite is Dolce and Gabbanna 'Light Blue' which I'm going to buy again when I get paid. Basically, I asked for somethign fresh, light and citrus. It makes me feel great when I wear it.
    Mine too - I always get complimented on it even though I wear it quite a lot. I can't remember how I picked it but I probably got it as a present and have just kept on buying it for myself ever since.

ReputationRep:
    Perfume - Oh the joys!
    I love Anna Sui - Sui Dreams, my mum brought if for me and I fell in love! Though I find it is perhaps a touch too light.
    I also love Gucci Envy Me, it's so fresh & YSL Baby Doll (I think?) that is gorgeous..
    Oh and I find Versace Red Jeans is not bad for the money you get quite a big bottle!

My mum is a huge fan of Chanel but I find it too heavy. I like fresh, light and fruity scents!

ReputationRep:
    I wear "Noura" an Arabic perfume that you can only buy in a few countries in the Middle East (I lived there before coming to UK for Uni)
    I love it because its spicey, and because you can't buy it in England, its rare here

Sarah

ReputationRep:
    Coco Chanel. Will always wear it, couldnt even think about another perfume :P
    Its just classy. And the big square bottles are just so gorgeously yummy.

I love smelling good.

ReputationRep:
    I like Contradiction and Vanilla Fields by Calvin Klein or Tommy girl

ReputationRep:
    versache red?lol i cant spell

ReputationRep:
    I have 4 different bottles on the go at the minute

DKNY - The apple one - it's really sweet and fresh
    Ralph Lauren - The blue one - fresh and summery
    Hugo Boss Deep Red - for a bit of a more sultry fragrance
    Givenchy Hot Couture - This one I love - it's really intense and just amazing!

I picked Ralph Lauren when I was in Paris, going through about a million different perfumes, and Hugo Boss was through a sample in a mag. The other two were by some friends wearing them.

ReputationRep:
    My favourite scent is the latest Escada one, can't remember what its called, I love it and it makes me smile everytime I get a waft of it. Its very summery though so I don't wear it that often at the moment. I also wear amor amor. Both were brought for me on my birthday.

ReputationRep:
    Cool thread Am surprised Everdawn hasn't shared her faves yet... :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 21, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.