Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Accommodation forms... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering, I'm filling in an application form for accommodation and there is a section titled "Interests or hobbies"...what kind of things...not that i'm boring :rolleyes: , just does it have to be precise, say, "diamond smuggling into Europe" or just general, say, music?

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    They ask you this because if they're going to put you in a shared flat or even in a shared room, they want to put you with people who have similar interests, so for God's sake tell the truth! I put that I like classical and jazz music (true), and I got put in a room round the corner of the two main corridors of my shared flat in first year - I assume because my music tastes were slightly different to everyone else's, and theirs to mine, and that this arrangement was made so that we wouldn't disturb one another.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, I was a bit cautious though, just because if I share interests with someone it can't mean I will nessasarily get on with them. Hmm, I guess it's a slight gamble.

ReputationRep:
    You're right, it is.
    I was put into a flat with a guy who played the saxophone, a girl who played sax and clarinet, and a girl who played piano, possibly because I said I like classical music. We got on OK, but not great. Most of the people in our flat came from similar backgrounds, but the similarities pretty much ended there between me and then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (Owen)123)
    "diamond smuggling into Europe"
    That could be an interesting one.

ReputationRep:
    lol @ diamond smuggling.

Again it's just so they can house you with people with similar interests so them playing Drum n Bass at 4am wouldn't bother you so much as it would someone who put down "sleep and silent movies" as a hobby.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.