Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

loosing sex drive? watch

Announcements

Despite only having sex on a couple of occasions... over the last year or so i've realised that i've had the desire to masturbate less and less.

A couple of years ago (when i was 15) i could do it easily twice a day, but now, it just seems pointless, and maybe getting round to doing it a 3-4 times a week, but only really out of habit, would probally be able to just stop.

Another thing is, whilst all that time ago, i could be very hard for quite a while, it now requires quite a bit of effort, and is usually only a semi whilst i'm ejaculating. (cant even carry it hard from the computer to the loo, about 5 paces walk away!)

Is this usually what happens when you get older? (17 now), or could it be somthing else...

ReputationRep:
    Just coz you masturbate less doesn't necessarily mean you're loosing your sex drive - lots of guys (and girls) masturbate less when they're in relationships because they have lots of sex with their partners for example.
    Do you still fantasise about girls and have the desire to get with them? If so, and your not on any medication or take recreational drugs, it's probably just some sort of wearing-off of the excitement of masturbation, since you have had sex. Maybe have sex more and your drive might increase! (positive feedback mechanism!)

ReputationRep:
    Could be, I know I have lost the urge, but then I do have a gf so it could be because of that! Who knows?? Give it time!!!

ReputationRep:
    "loose" and "lose" mean very different things, hun.

Well i'm single at the moment, only had one relationship, which has been recently, for a month, the sex was recently (from that) , and its been going on for a much longer time.... plus the sex was a bit... difficult, as i wasnt hard enough to get myself in most of the time!

Havnt been doing any drugs, or lifestyle changes either...

And have more or less lost the desire to do physical stuff aswell now with someone else... (apart from random urges, but not often)

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the one-off sexual experiences put you off a little bit, if they were outside a relationship. If you'd had a few drinks when it happened, it's totally natural for it not to be very hard so don't worry.
    I'm sure when you find the right person (and are sober and not stressed about it!) it'll be fine and your sex drive will return with a vengeance! You're only young yet!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 12, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.