Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Question about maintenance and fee loans watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Question:

Can people still receive a maintenance loan even if they've already spent some time in Higher Education?

I've been at uni for 2 years and will start a new course at a new institution this coming September. My LEA (Wrexham) can't decide whether or not I'm entitled to anything (be it a maintence/fee loan) for the first two years of the new course (the new course is 4 years long).

Any help at all will be appreciated 'cause I'm going out of my mind now. The second year of my new course is spent in Japan - if I have to pay for that all by myself, I won't bother starting the new course. I just won't be able to afford it!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone?

ReputationRep:
    ask your LEA!!! i remember reading something about being entitled to support for upto 4 years, but don't quote me on that.

seriously, the LEAs are the people that know about this stuff, most people on here aren't even at uni yet, never mind knowing the intricacies of student finance.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.