Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Shocking Music Trivia... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    im bored so ive been searching Wikipedia for naff bands...

and was shocked to find that 5ive not only sold 7million albums and 15million+ records (ie albums and singles together) worldwide...but also had a top10 hit and 1million album sales in the US.

just amazed me that they seemingly 'cracked' america to an extent...when Robbie Williams and his record companies millions just couldent (many others as well as him, too)

also Aqua (as in the "barbie girl" Aqua) have a career total of 28million records worldwide:eek:

so anyone else got any "suprising" trivia?

ReputationRep:
    I loved 5! But then I loved all those kitsch 90s bands at the time.
    Yes, I do realise how crap they are now.

Boyzone: "They tried to break into the American market by recording a Spanish-English version of the song Mystical Experience but were unsuccessful."

Unsuccessful?! I'm shocked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sopheh)
    I loved 5! But then I loved all those kitsch 90s bands at the time.
    Yes, I do realise how crap they are now.

Boyzone: "They tried to break into the American market by recording a Spanish-English version of the song Mystical Experience but were unsuccessful."

Unsuccessful?! I'm shocked.
    i would LOVE to hear how bad that was

its always stupid when bands make half hearted attempts to crack the US though...like I think Westlife didnt even bother going to plug their CD...then whinged when it wasnt a sucess!

5ive wernt too bad, in a naff pop way...their music was always cheery and catchy...just suprised me the Americans liked songs with that bloke with the thick Leeds accent rapping! it just didnt strike me as being music that would go down well there!

ReputationRep:
    Yeh man:

In One of David Sneddons music Videos (i think he only had one) he looks lost..

And he was rubbish...

5ive were great, and it don't surprise me that they sold that amount of records here and in USA... They were cool back in the day i tell thee..

ReputationRep:
    You're all weird :P I like it.

I hated 5ive ¬_¬ But now I just don't care ...

ReputationRep:
    The Beastie Boys threatened to not play Reading in 1998 if The Prodigy played 'Smack My ***** Up'.

One of the ********s even rang up Liam Howlett to ask him to drop it from the set - he refused and this is how Maxim responded:

----
    Maxim: Last night, we've received a call from one of the Beastie Boys.

[Crowd cheer]

Maxim: Wait a minute hear me out! They didn’t want us to play this funckin' tune. But the way things go, I do what the **** I want.

[Large cheer, 'Smack my ***** up' intro.]
    ----

God I'm a geek...

That's outrageous. Perhaps the Beastie Boys were frightened that their setlist would look rubbish in comparison... or something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by soulofanewmachine)
    You're all weird :P I like it.

I hated 5ive ¬_¬ But now I just don't care ...
    5ive were great... Gets everyone on the dance floor when its played in the clubs round here.. Total Cheese...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 13, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.