Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Poo I f****d up my A2 English coursework. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    This is the one module that everyone generally does well, no not does well but excels in and I go cack it up and get a B (well erm probably- it hasn't been marked properly yet). :mad: This is not good as last year I had A's for all of my English modules and I really wanted and A for A2 English lit. I feel crappy as I could have done much better.:mad:

ReputationRep:
    AAAB is what you assume your module results to be. Get AAABAA as your module results and you will get an A. Don't panic. Just work hard now to get A's in the other modules.

ReputationRep:
    Jellybones - don't worry I am in the same situation! I got AAA in my AS modules for English Lit and full marks in one paper but I completley fudged my coursework (I got a high-ish B) and that was the highest in my group. Incredibly crap teaching let the entire group down, most people got D's with I think 2 E's, 1 U and 1 C so a lot of people are in a really bad situation for the summer. However, having done the calculations (and I would assume the same would apply to you) I can still get an A overall with an A and a C, or a D and an A (depending on the module) so all is not lost! The main problem is that it knocks one's confidence for the summer, and it takes a while to get back on track, only now do I feel I have my confidence back - about 3 months later. Best of luck

ReputationRep:
    you can still get an A. I got AAB last year in my modules and came out with an A overall. I'm aiming for an A this year, but I don't think I'll get AAA in my modules, more AAB. You can even get ABB and scrape an A overall, depending on your module marks, so don't worry about it. Just try and make sure your others are A's.

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure that I can get A overall (but I would really be pushing it) with bbb, but I don't want that. As Ovid says it just kind of knocks your confidence, plus I find the other modules a lot harder (grrr Keats). Poo to incompetent teachers.

ReputationRep:
    Poo to incompetent teachers.
    I second that!!! Grrrrrr.......

ReputationRep:
    If it makes you feel any better, despite having got full marks so far in English I am about to get a lower mark than you in the coursework in all likelihood, due to a complete inability to concentrate or do any work whatsoever for the last 2 months Mine was due in last week, and having got an extended deadline due to illness I have until the end of this week yet I've still barely started it. Ho hum.

Anyway I know it can be very frustrating to feel as though you've slipped up, but a B isn't the end of the world (this is a little hypocritical coming from a person with a perfectionism problem but hey :p: ) and as Sami_C says, if you've got all As up until now and keep getting As from now on you'll still get the A overall

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm I don't think I will though... the other modules are just so difficult. I'm really not doing well in English this time

ReputationRep:
    I got ABA ABA (Bs in Poetry and Drama) and two of the As are 90%. I got an A. Just try to do really well in the modules you are happier with, and that will put up your total.

ReputationRep:
    of course you're going to feel down about a "bad" result (in your opinion its bad, not in others ), but the thing now is to get up and work hard to get the final A. You can moan about how you're not going to get it, and by doing that, you probably wont. but if you just focus and stay determined you can do it (if its in your ability of course, As arent for everyone, although with your AS results im sure it is). Dont blame teachers for bad results, thats not fair. its your fault, no one elses. at uni we wont have someone spoon feeding us, its up to us to make the best and strive for the top. so just get motivated and try your best.
    i dont mean to be mean in any way, just trying to tell you to "wake up and smell the roses" in a way, and believe in yourself. dont mope around, work work work and you'll get there. One B wont make you lose the A. good luck x

ReputationRep:
    You can get an A overall with AAC even - that's what I managed to do last year (resitting though!) Don't worry about it. Just focus on good preparation for the exams.

ReputationRep:
    don't stress man, il tell u a lil story..

last year when i did my AS, i did really well on my C/W, aced my blake paper by talkin bout sado masichism, was on for an A or a High B wit my Wuthering Heights, reality was i actually scraped a pass. thats right i was one mark into an E grade (a fact that Chico - new member, still pisses herself over)! i came out of it with a an overall AS grade of a C.

now i'm lft with a mediocre AS grade, living on a prayer for a Decent overall grade and a resit. oh, and c/w isn't looking much better than WH as i picked Solzhenitsyn's "A day on the life of..." and Orwell's "animal farm" ..

at least u can rewrite ur c/w

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WorkHouse)
    don't stress man, il tell u a lil story..

last year when i did my AS, i did really well on my C/W, aced my blake paper by talkin bout sado masichism, was on for an A or a High B wit my Wuthering Heights, reality was i actually scraped a pass. thats right i was one mark into an E grade (a fact that Chico - new member, still pisses herself over)! i came out of it with a an overall AS grade of a C.

now i'm lft with a mediocre AS grade, living on a prayer for a Decent overall grade and a resit. oh, and c/w isn't looking much better than WH as i picked Solzhenitsyn's "A day on the life of..." and Orwell's "animal farm" ..

at least u can rewrite ur c/w
    i think your little story will stress her out rather than calm her down! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Well your doing better than me so don't worry there is every posibility of getting an a
    i had ABC last year and so far this year have EB so i have a much less chance of getting the A i need

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 21, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.