Advantages of PS3 over Xbox 360 Watch

bband
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I have decided to wait till 2007 before buying a console because it will be cheaper and also better games etc.
What are the advantages of PS3 over Xbox 360 in terms of Graphics/Speed.
From the pictures I hate the PS3 controllers but maybe they feel good while playing :rolleyes: .

Any Opinions
Cloud_Strife
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Im sure they will feel fine, others wise they wouldnt be making them, but just the price of the PS3 is estimated from 500-700. But if you can afford it, go for the ps3 i would .
parag
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They scrapped that design for the PS3 controller.

Personally, I'll be getting a PS3 but that's because I was formerly a rabid Sony fanboy and so, still feel a little attachment :laugh:
OMGWTF
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
So, you don't care about games? You just want to know about the graphics and the controllers?
Cloud_Strife
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Can you show a link where they said there scrapping that design?
iceman_jondoe
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
wow over 500 quid ? thats a hell of a lot......yeah i think i'll wait till 2007 or even 2008 to get one until the price comes down
G_H_G
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
£500 my arse. Some people really don't have a clue...

To the OP. Wait until both are out, look at the upcomming games, try both consoles (also don't discredit the Rev), then make a decision. Anything you read in this thread with regard to the PS3 will be based purely on assumptions as it isn't even out yet.
estel
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Can you show a link where they said there scrapping that design?
It was never stated that the controller shown at last year's E3 was the PS3 controller - it was only ever claimed to be a prototype proof of concept thing, and not intended (necessarily) to be a final design.

I'd be suprised if a PS3 was more than £400, closer to £350.

And comparisons? You won't get any. How can anyone compare two consoles when one of those consoles has never been playtested, never had a finalised spec list, never had a confirmed launch titles list, or list of games being developed, and not coming out for another 7 months?
Morgoth
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
how many threads bout xbox360 vs ps3 do we need?!
cheesecakebobby
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As many as it takes for the spazzos to get the message, I assume.
beecher
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
PS3 will hav better GRAFIX!!! XBOX SUX LOLZ

I don't own a 360 at the moment, I'm going to wait until the PS3 and Revolution are actually released before I make my decision between the three.
wiggles
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid 4 :cool:
Jayk
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by wiggles)
Final Fantasy XIII and Metal Gear Solid 4 :cool:
Oh, so we're throwing in the game card are we? Well then....the 360 has/will have

Forerunner (Prequel to Halo)*
Halo 3*
Fable 2
Oblivion
Final Fantasy XI
Better online support

To quote just a few.

*May or may not be the same game
wiggles
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jayk_bakner)
Oh, so we're throwing in the game card are we? Well then....the 360 has/will have

Halo 3*
Fable 2
Oblivion
Final Fantasy XI
Better online support

To quote just a few.

I was just "throwing in the game card", so to speak, as they are my all-time favourite game series', so the PS3 is obviously a must get for me. So you see, I wasn't making the claim that the PS3 will have better games than the 360, merely that I love those 2 games more than any other
cheesecakebobby
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Only problem is that of those 2 games, only one has been officially announced for the PS3 and that doesn't mean it won't come out on other consoles. There were MGS games on Xbox and Gamecube, and there will be FF games on 360 and Revolution. Obviously it is most likely that those 2 particular games will be PS3 exclusive, at least for a certain period, but still you get my point!
wiggles
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by cheesecakebobby)
Only problem is that of those 2 games, only one has been officially announced for the PS3 and that doesn't mean it won't come out on other consoles. There were MGS games on Xbox and Gamecube, and there will be FF games on 360 and Revolution. Obviously it is most likely that those 2 particular games will be PS3 exclusive, at least for a certain period, but still you get my point!
lol, yes, i get your point. and i probably wont get a ps3 straightaway anyway, as by then i'll be a student, and therefore broke. maybe by the time i get round to buying one theyll have released it for the 360 (which i have at the moment) so it wont be necessary.
xstudentx
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
PS3 and xbox360 are only really going to be different in exclusive games. everything esle is pretty much the same. Im personally more attracted to the games PS3 has to offer, now that they are making more of an effort with First Person Shooters.
Sw1ft
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by jayk_bakner)

Halo 3*
Fable 2
Oblivion
Final Fantasy XI
Better online support

To quote just a few.

Most of the games you mentioned can be played on PC to be honest, or will be able to most likely in the future as in Halo and Fable originals have both been available on pc so... why not just buy a pc and you will get the best online support also? Why stick with second rate Xbox just to spare some money...
cheesecakebobby
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
That's probably the worst 360 list I have ever seen - but the point was to show that 360 has plenty of licenses and exclusives of its own. I could list loads of great original titles for 360 but the generation raised on Crash frigging Bandicoot wouldn't have a clue what they are, despite brilliant previews.
parag
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It depends on what you're looking for in all honesty.

The most important games to me are PES, Final Fantasy, MGS and GTA. If they'll be PS3 exclusive or come out first on it then that'll hold a lot more weight for me than the likes of Halo 3 and FFXI (it's not a real FF >_>) and I'm sure the same is true for fans of Halo/PGR & Co.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (51)
34.93%
I really love the subject (41)
28.08%
I don't know what else to do (20)
13.7%
I can't get a job (8)
5.48%
My parents want me to (3)
2.05%