Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know I'm screwed, so please nobody tell me that...
    But my French oral has been basically moved forward a week and I haven't even started preparing for it (A2, this is) and it's next Friday.

Does anyone have any advice as to how to go about doing this in such a short space of time? I feel sick every time I think about it, to the extent I'm not getting anything done because I feel it's so hopeless.

I'm doing OCR by the way, so we have to do a discussion on 1 out of 3 possible topics plus discuss an article given to us.:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Ermm....do you have a list of suggested questions? I'd suggest that you started with the topics that you find most difficult to discuss, then you're better prepared for them. Maybe spend a bit of time learning topic-specific vocab - it depends how well you've been learning vocab etc throughout the year.

Perhaps learn a few 'elegant' phrases too. Have you had practice on the reporting task before?

ReputationRep:
    You're not screwed, don't worry. My sister started preparing for her Russian oral about 5 days before and she got an A so don't fret too much. The main thing is just get down to business learning some set phrases. Anything you think might come up. Also, go over vocab that you're unsure of and keep practising your presentation to make sure you fully know it. At least, you're in control for the presentation. For the discussion, you can steer that in your direction as well - prepare answers for any possible questions that might crop up from your presentation, practise them, revise vocabulary around the area and you should be fine. good luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 14, 2006
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.