mysteryman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Ok i applied for pharmacy and got 6/6 offers never thought i'd been in this postition. The unis are as follows:

LSOP-BBB
UEA-ABB
Aston-BBB
Nottingham-ABB
Demontford-280pts
Brighton-300pts

I ruled out demontford because lets face it the others are better. Nottingham is ruled out as it would be too expensive for accomodation. Aston, i didn't like the uni much and the atmosphere.

Ok its between UEA, LSOP and Brighton. UEA has only been teaching pharmacy since 2003 so has not got full accreditation so that puts me off slightly. But staff seem really really friendly and helpful and was a very good atmosphere, but would have to live there which is not a problem, also gave very good work experience throughout the course. Brighton was quite good but i feel it didn't have such friendly staff and the overall uni layout i didn't like much, probably use it as insurance. LSOP, obviously has a really good reputation and all pharmacists i spoke to around where i live (essex) say they all went LSOP, one pharmacist i spoke to didn't really like the teaching style they gave for when they went to work in hospital didn't really prepare them well enough. I think LSOP would give better job oppourtunities, as i could get a job in london a bit easier. But not as good work experience as UEA, also don't think i would meet as many people at LSOP as i wouldn't live there and would have to commute everyday but would be a lot cheaper.

So where do people reckon is better from what i said?
Gio
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by mysteryman)
Ok i applied for pharmacy and got 6/6 offers never thought i'd been in this postition. The unis are as follows:

LSOP-BBB
UEA-ABB
Aston-BBB
Nottingham-ABB
Demontford-280pts
Brighton-300pts

I ruled out demontford because lets face it the others are better. Nottingham is ruled out as it would be too expensive for accomodation. Aston, i didn't like the uni much and the atmosphere.

Ok its between UEA, LSOP and Brighton. UEA has only been teaching pharmacy since 2003 so has not got full accreditation so that puts me off slightly. But staff seem really really friendly and helpful and was a very good atmosphere, but would have to live there which is not a problem, also gave very good work experience throughout the course. Brighton was quite good but i feel it didn't have such friendly staff and the overall uni layout i didn't like much, probably use it as insurance. LSOP, obviously has a really good reputation and all pharmacists i spoke to around where i live (essex) say they all went LSOP, one pharmacist i spoke to didn't really like the teaching style they gave for when they went to work in hospital didn't really prepare them well enough. I think LSOP would give better job oppourtunities, as i could get a job in london a bit easier. But not as good work experience as UEA, also don't think i would meet as many people at LSOP as i wouldn't live there and would have to commute everyday but would be a lot cheaper.

So where do people reckon is better from what i said?
if you could afford going to LSOP and living in central London (zone 1), then why wouldn't you be able to live in Nottingham:confused:
mysteryman
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Because i would be commuting there everyday from essex and i'd still be living at home. Therefore wouldn't need to pay accomodation
Gemma1725
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I have choosen UEA as my firm. I really liked it there and although they are not fully accredited yet, every school of pharmacy had to start somewhere at one point.
you should choose where you liked and felt most comfortable as it 4 years of your life!
Robusty
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
LSOP for me!
Kas
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
lsop that the way foward
Gio
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yea i would say LSOP, i may be biased here but u dont get many scenes here at Bath
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (187)
52.53%
No (169)
47.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise