Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Where would be best? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok i applied for pharmacy and got 6/6 offers never thought i'd been in this postition. The unis are as follows:

LSOP-BBB
    UEA-ABB
    Aston-BBB
    Nottingham-ABB
    Demontford-280pts
    Brighton-300pts

I ruled out demontford because lets face it the others are better. Nottingham is ruled out as it would be too expensive for accomodation. Aston, i didn't like the uni much and the atmosphere.

Ok its between UEA, LSOP and Brighton. UEA has only been teaching pharmacy since 2003 so has not got full accreditation so that puts me off slightly. But staff seem really really friendly and helpful and was a very good atmosphere, but would have to live there which is not a problem, also gave very good work experience throughout the course. Brighton was quite good but i feel it didn't have such friendly staff and the overall uni layout i didn't like much, probably use it as insurance. LSOP, obviously has a really good reputation and all pharmacists i spoke to around where i live (essex) say they all went LSOP, one pharmacist i spoke to didn't really like the teaching style they gave for when they went to work in hospital didn't really prepare them well enough. I think LSOP would give better job oppourtunities, as i could get a job in london a bit easier. But not as good work experience as UEA, also don't think i would meet as many people at LSOP as i wouldn't live there and would have to commute everyday but would be a lot cheaper.

So where do people reckon is better from what i said?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mysteryman)
    Ok i applied for pharmacy and got 6/6 offers never thought i'd been in this postition. The unis are as follows:

LSOP-BBB
    UEA-ABB
    Aston-BBB
    Nottingham-ABB
    Demontford-280pts
    Brighton-300pts

I ruled out demontford because lets face it the others are better. Nottingham is ruled out as it would be too expensive for accomodation. Aston, i didn't like the uni much and the atmosphere.

Ok its between UEA, LSOP and Brighton. UEA has only been teaching pharmacy since 2003 so has not got full accreditation so that puts me off slightly. But staff seem really really friendly and helpful and was a very good atmosphere, but would have to live there which is not a problem, also gave very good work experience throughout the course. Brighton was quite good but i feel it didn't have such friendly staff and the overall uni layout i didn't like much, probably use it as insurance. LSOP, obviously has a really good reputation and all pharmacists i spoke to around where i live (essex) say they all went LSOP, one pharmacist i spoke to didn't really like the teaching style they gave for when they went to work in hospital didn't really prepare them well enough. I think LSOP would give better job oppourtunities, as i could get a job in london a bit easier. But not as good work experience as UEA, also don't think i would meet as many people at LSOP as i wouldn't live there and would have to commute everyday but would be a lot cheaper.

So where do people reckon is better from what i said?
    if you could afford going to LSOP and living in central London (zone 1), then why wouldn't you be able to live in Nottingham:confused:

ReputationRep:
    Because i would be commuting there everyday from essex and i'd still be living at home. Therefore wouldn't need to pay accomodation

ReputationRep:
    I have choosen UEA as my firm. I really liked it there and although they are not fully accredited yet, every school of pharmacy had to start somewhere at one point.
    you should choose where you liked and felt most comfortable as it 4 years of your life!

ReputationRep:
    LSOP for me!

ReputationRep:
    lsop that the way foward

ReputationRep:
    yea i would say LSOP, i may be biased here but u dont get many scenes here at Bath

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.