Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Constructive feedback would be appreciated. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the feedback, i altered my essay slightly, memorised it, and luckily enough used some parts of it in my exam essay.

ReputationRep:
    The latest addition to my signature will tell you my response to this piece.

ReputationRep:
    And there's me thinking this was a gallery thread and not a literature one :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Why did you use "like the tears of a phoenix"? I'm intrigued.

ReputationRep:
    Hi this is Arachnophobia/Formerly Jar Man. Well i used that expression based upon the idea that a pheonix's tears are thought to be able to heal wounds. I find you're question tough to answer, but generally i felt the expression could fit well there. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Ye I know about tears of a Phoenix that is why I didn't understand why you used it the way you did.
    (Original post by Jar Man)
    his wounds bleeding, sodden, like the tears of a phoenix.
    Are you saying his wounds are healing himself or somebody? His blood is like the tears of a phoenix therefore, his blood is healing something? See I don't understand that bit :confused:

In general though I like it

ReputationRep:
    Hah, oh well, considering I am 15 my brain isn't yet mature enough to be able to explain this rather baffling expression!

ReputationRep:
    Signature's just changed, by the way. I'm very fickle with my signature. I still very much like the piece though.

ReputationRep:
    Overpoetic/Overdramatic for me. Paragraphs are short, not much <real> detail, just abstract imagery. You like MGS or something?

Either make it longer, or cut it up into a poem. Or leave it if you want to. In my opinion, it could be better.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.