The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

1st year outside option - ma103/ph101/ac100?

I'm a 1st year economist and I'm deciding on what outside module to take.

I'm deciding between accounting and finance, logic and abstract maths.

I've been told that a&f is quite easy so to do that in second year, when a first would actually count towards a first overall.

This leaves me with logic and abstract maths.

I do enjoy maths but I like to ask lots of questions. Does anyone know what the lecturer is like?

Finally, logic - is the exam essay based? I'm not too keen on essays...
Reply 1
I'd think ma103 if you would like to continue with ma203 in 2nd/3rd year.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
PH101 - full unit module for a quarter of an effort. Best bargain you will find in LSE. No essays, most of the content is based on if this then that (easy bit), and the more complex multi-level if this then that (fairly easy with practice), last 10-15% is um ... philosophical (?), i.e. a bit of thinking required.

If they haven't changed anything from two years ago, then exam is quite predictable, so with practice it should be your favourite module.

Yes, you can choose it as second year option.
Reply 3
Original post by goldsilvy
PH101 - full unit module for a quarter of an effort. Best bargain you will find in LSE. No essays, most of the content is based on if this then that (easy bit), and the more complex multi-level if this then that (fairly easy with practice), last 10-15% is um ... philosophical (?), i.e. a bit of thinking required.

If they haven't changed anything from two years ago, then exam is quite predictable, so with practice it should be your favourite module.

Yes, you can choose it as second year option.

I'm pretty sure they changed it last year for exactly these reasons. Sucks :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Outsanity
I'm pretty sure they changed it last year for exactly these reasons. Sucks :tongue:

Yup, just had a chat with a friend, and that's what I heard as well. Oh wells, happens :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending