What Are The Best Extra Curricular Activities To Secure A Top Tc Or Pupillage Watch

Ethereal
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Blondie22)
I have bad a-level BUT I have a 2.1 LLB , LLM, was President of my uni law soc, play instruments , part of music soc commitee, part of law school board, helped at uni open days, took part in mooting in my second year, trained as a volunteer CAB advisor, good legal work experience (london and regional mini pupillages (3!), work experience in a small firm and an eversheds vac scheme) and still no luck with a training contract, so i have no clue what firms want
From what I've heard Eversheds vac scheme is pretty hard to get on, so you did well there.
Blondie22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Ethereal)
From what I've heard Eversheds vac scheme is pretty hard to get on, so you did well there.
i cant seem to get any interviews though havent had one during my whole lpc year
Ethereal
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
where do you do your lpc?
Blondie22
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
where do you do your lpc?
nottingham law school!
Ethereal
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
have you taken a copy of any of your applications to the careers service and asked them to look?

oh, and I'd take chalks up on his offer. very nice friendly helpful guy.
Blondie22
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
both yep!
i think i am just doomed to not get a training contact, i have very low a-levels
Lewisy-boy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got Eversheds also ... and should be hearing back from BLP today or sometime this week!

Ethereal did you ever think it might be your references, maybe you weren't too good on your vac scheme if that didn't lead to a training contract ... hate to point out the obvious.
Ethereal
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
???

I didn't apply to Eversheds
dragon_1706
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
???

I didn't apply to Eversheds
I think that was directed at Blondie22, who did an Eversheds vac scheme!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (43)
44.79%
Pro-humanity (53)
55.21%