Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey, apparently we've nearly finished the OCR course (started end of Jan) but I don't seem to be understanding any of the topics we've done!

1) Simple Harmonic Motion
    2) Oblique Impacts
    3) Verticle Circles

And some other stuff (can't even remember the topics )...and would be really grateful if someone could explain what you would have to do for a question from a particular topic. Like for example resolve towards the centre etc etc.... And some examples would be really useful too. Muchly appreciated. Can offer Pure or Stats help in return:P

Nickx

ReputationRep:
    How about getting a book? They have examples and everything ....

ReputationRep:
    hmmmm they are VERY keen on s.h.m questions: i remember that on some past exam papers they had about 2 questions on it!

oblique impact: all i would suggest is read the question really thoroughly and get the directions right. oh and diagrams.

verticle circles: learn the formulae and just think things through. also you would need to think about the situation: whether its a hollow ring or maybe its a steel rod.

sorry that probs wasn't any help at all but those were the things that i thought i couldve done if i took the exams again.... urgh.... lol

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.