barry_4_england
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hey, apparently we've nearly finished the OCR course (started end of Jan) but I don't seem to be understanding any of the topics we've done!

1) Simple Harmonic Motion
2) Oblique Impacts
3) Verticle Circles

And some other stuff (can't even remember the topics )...and would be really grateful if someone could explain what you would have to do for a question from a particular topic. Like for example resolve towards the centre etc etc.... And some examples would be really useful too. Muchly appreciated. Can offer Pure or Stats help in return:P

Nickx
Esquire
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
How about getting a book? They have examples and everything ....
posh_git
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
hmmmm they are VERY keen on s.h.m questions: i remember that on some past exam papers they had about 2 questions on it!

oblique impact: all i would suggest is read the question really thoroughly and get the directions right. oh and diagrams.

verticle circles: learn the formulae and just think things through. also you would need to think about the situation: whether its a hollow ring or maybe its a steel rod.

sorry that probs wasn't any help at all but those were the things that i thought i couldve done if i took the exams again.... urgh.... lol
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (28)
39.44%
I really love the subject (21)
29.58%